Thread: Makar trade value

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Makar trade value

I am in a 16 team, 27 player, keeper league. I have a good team w Mattthews, Petterson, Point, Zibanejad, and Barkov as Centers. I am interested in trading for Cale Makar. Opinions please on whether a Matthews for Makar trade is fair please???

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Makar trade value

More league information is needed, like categories and how many centers you start. Without that, I'd favor Matthews over Makar.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Sorry. G, A, Pims, Shots, PPP, hits, blks. We start 3 C, 3LW, 3 RW, 5D 2 forwards and 1 skater. Thanks!!

Dobber Sports Star

I'd still favor Matthews. If you wanted to turn a center into Makar, I'd consider a package including Point or Barkov with the other side giving you a little more.

Dobber Sports Newbie

That owner overvalues his players which is his perogative. I tried Point and a late 1st round pick and he said not even close. He also owns Hughes and Byram. My thought was I can find a forward closer to Matthews easier than a young D close to Makar. I also have both Tkachuks, Aho, Svech, Stone, Kakko, Lindholm and Hertl and a couple lesser players so maybe would miss Matthews too much. Im leading the league in goals by 20 but mid level in assists. D are Provorov, Fox, Jones, Trouba, Dumba and Klefbom. Any further comments based on that?

The Great One

Yeah, my comment would be to shop Matthews to every team to see what else you can get, D wise. You should be able to do at least as good, if not better, than just getting Makar.

Dobber Sports Newbie

I appreciate that. My D is decent but not great. But Im also at the top of hits and blks. My motivation is get a young stud D that doesn't come around every year. What do u think of Makar? Exceptional or no? Closest comparables in Reilly, Chabot and Hamilton??? Thanks

Dobber Sports Stud

What about trying a deal with Quinn Hughes’ owner? He’s a very close comparable to Makar.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Newbie

Same owner unfortunately. His ask is sooo high its basically that he isnr on thr block. Matthews wasnt even close to making it happen. His perogative! Thanks

Dobber Sports Stud

I usually take the route of not ever looking to trade with a GM that isn't at least willing to entertain a fair offer. I don't try to buy guys from other GMs... You will always over pay. It's definitely his perogative, and you will have to pay through the nose in times like this.

Be patient and wait for a frustrated GM. Often times we fall in love with a player and give up the world for him.... Just sit back and wait for opportunities to buy low; they will come.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm with the rest here. I would take Matthews over Makar. Sounds like the other GM isn't one you'll be able to negotiate a decent deal with, so you should look elsewhere.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    I'm with the rest here. I would take Matthews over Makar. Sounds like the other GM isn't one you'll be able to negotiate a decent deal with, so you should look elsewhere.
    Exactly my point. Don't overpay because if the guy doesn't really want to make a deal, he probably still will, but the price will be way more than it should be

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would not trade Matthews. On a 55 goal - 99pt pace. And he's only 22. I get Makar's going to be great... but keep drinking the blue kool-aid you have. Not worth it at that price.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4