Thread: Bergeron Value

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Bergeron Value

Hey guys, i've been trying to move Bergeron since he's on the older side and injury prone. I was wondering if there was any specific guys I could target in a potential deal? Thanks for the advice in advance

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Bergeron Value

Using the Trade Market feature on Yahoo, I've seen him be traded 1-for-1 for Patrik Laine and Jordan Binnington, just to give you an idea of relative value. Beyond that, who you should target depends on your team needs and your league settings. Look for an owner that has a surplus of what you need and try to make a deal with them if they seem willing.

If you're in a keeper league and trying to swap him for a younger player, you might have to take a bit of a hit in terms of current value. But don't go too low, because there still appears to be lots left with Bergeron.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Padawan

One other thing: You should list your team like I have below so that others can get an idea of what your team/league is like.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Alright here's my 16 team Cap league team. This is our first year
    Centers: Bergeron, Cirelli, Johansen
    Left Wing: Blueger (C), Benn (C), Haula (C), Vesalainen (RW)
    Right Wingers: Carrier (LW), Keller (LW), Stamkos (C,LW), Zuccarello, Kassian, Niederreiter (LW)
    Defense: Werenski, Dumba, Subban, Lindell, Muzzin (IR+), De Haan (IR+)
    Goalies: Quick, NYI Tandem.
    There isn't any prospect rosters, and we have this rule that anyone over 5 million can't be dropped. In the offseason we can drop one guy over 5 million.
    Skater Categories: G, A, PPP, PIMS, HITS, BLKS, FOW, SOG
    Goalie Categories: W, Sv%, GAA, Saves
    I'm in 8th right now, in the last playoff position.

Dobber Sports Pro

In a points keeper league I traded Bergeron for Backstrom about month ago when both were just getting off injuries. I felt Backstrom still has the higher ceiling, is younger, and yeah there is that injury factor...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    In a points keeper league I traded Bergeron for Backstrom about month ago when both were just getting off injuries. I felt Backstrom still has the higher ceiling, is younger, and yeah there is that injury factor...
    I was thinking of that, but that new contract is killer. I'm not sure in my cap league, if that would be the correct move.

Dobber Sports Superstar

you really can't deal Bergeron IMO because than you'd cripple yourself at the center position. You're at a place in the standings where honestly I say stand pat and do everything you can to make the playoffs because in a deeper league of the sort my guess is any type of upgrade trade will cost you too much elsewhere on the roster and it's just not worth it. In the summer get rid of Benn it's over. Hit the wire and grab the likes of Jesper Fast who is playing top line currently.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Alright, i'll hold off for now. I'll still look to see if I could get a younger player though that's pretty good

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm in a nearly identical league (without FOW) and I traded away Keller for Bergeron this past offseason. In a cap league, Bergeron's performance-to-cost ratio is top 5 in the league outside of a few entry level deals. This assumes you have an IR spot.

I would hold Bergeron indefinitely and use the savings to upgrade elsewhere. I've found great success at looking for value players age 30-35 years - they are almost always undersold relative their performance.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by jdreed3184 View Post
    I'm in a nearly identical league (without FOW) and I traded away Keller for Bergeron this past offseason. In a cap league, Bergeron's performance-to-cost ratio is top 5 in the league outside of a few entry level deals. This assumes you have an IR spot.

I would hold Bergeron indefinitely and use the savings to upgrade elsewhere. I've found great success at looking for value players age 30-35 years - they are almost always undersold relative their performance.
    Good point, someone did offer me Bergeron and Stamkos for O'Reilly and Andersen. It would be nice to get a second starting goalie but not sure if I should entertain it lol