Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My trade was vetoed!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: My trade was vetoed!

Jarry has done it for all of what a month or two? I wouldn't trade either Hughes or Kakko straight up for Jarry regardless of how weighted goalie stats are, if you were to give up one of them names such as hellebuck or Anderson should be involved, if we are talking both Kakko and Hughes I better see the name Vasilevski or im easily walking away, Just my 2 cents

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nifty Mittens View Post
    Made a new trade. I知 trading Hughes, kakko, 3rd, 5th, 7th for Tatar, 3rd, 5th, 10th. I知 tied for 1st, he痴 last. So I知 getting help this season and an early 3rd and 5th rnd pick. If I tried for a better return it might get vetoed and I知 not greedy. We start 3 centers. I have Eichel, Pettersson, Crosby so I wasn稚 starting hughes on busy nights.
    Did this trade go thru? Essentially you trade Hughes + Kakko for Tatar? If that was allowed but the Jarry trade was not (Jarry is >> Tatar and has longterm upside here, Tatar is what he is)
    I can't understand how the Tatar trade was OK but the Jarry one was.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Did this trade go thru? Essentially you trade Hughes + Kakko for Tatar? If that was allowed but the Jarry trade was not (Jarry is >> Tatar and has longterm upside here, Tatar is what he is)
    I can't understand how the Tatar trade was OK but the Jarry one was.
    Wow that is worse than the Jarry trade, wanna come join one of my pools? LOL

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    This is much more brutal then Matthews for Aho (which is actually not that bad for the record). If you had the Jarry side- your league did you a favor. If you had the other side incoming- then two things:

One) That sucks- you would have landed a goldmine.

Two) Leagues that easy get boring. A few dumb trades like that- especially to the same team and there is a massive power shift.

Im way anti-veto but in terms of quality this one is almost collusion level bad. I dont think theres ant real argument you could make for the Jarry side that holds any water whatsoever outside of "Im the noobest noob on the planet and the only way Ill learn is by making brutally lopsided trades that destroy my team". The problem is those owners end up quitting and thenm the league has to sell a dirt farm to get a buy in...
    One issue is that there are leagues out there where the new (expansion or replacement) managers are outside the "old boys club" so unless they clearly lose a deal, it gets vetoed. I've seen it multiple sports, we see it in multiple posts out here.

My take is the Jarry deal is good for this year, and next year doesn't matter. I could be dead, the league could be dead, the league & I could be dead to each other - that last one is very common in situations like this. Please note I am not wishing anyone to die here.

I've had to leave a league of about 40% friends due to me being a replacement owner and not having "paid my dues as far as time in the league goes" to actually make deals where the commissioner's trade committee would approve anything remotely fair. I made the League Championship game, and then quit after that one year. Not worth the trouble.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Would you keep kakko, Hughes over these guys?: 1 Eichel 2 Pettersson 3 Crosby 4 Marchand 5 Pastrnak 6 Svechnikov 7 Letang 8 Dahlin 9 Binnington 10 Bishop. I also have Quinn Hughes and others.
    Head-to-Head/ yahoo/ 16 teams/ dynasty league

C, C, C, C,
    LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(G), (A), (PIM), (PPP), (SOG), (HIT), (BLK)

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    This is much more brutal then Matthews for Aho (which is actually not that bad for the record). If you had the Jarry side- your league did you a favor. If you had the other side incoming- then two things:

One) That sucks- you would have landed a goldmine.

Two) Leagues that easy get boring. A few dumb trades like that- especially to the same team and there is a massive power shift.

Im way anti-veto but in terms of quality this one is almost collusion level bad. I dont think theres ant real argument you could make for the Jarry side that holds any water whatsoever outside of "Im the noobest noob on the planet and the only way Ill learn is by making brutally lopsided trades that destroy my team". The problem is those owners end up quitting and thenm the league has to sell a dirt farm to get a buy in...
    I think that値l be my new team name: the noobiest noob.

C, C, C, C,
    LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Sage

Would you keep kakko, Hughes over these guys?: 1 Eichel 2 Pettersson 3 Crosby 4 Marchand 5 Pastrnak 6 Svechnikov 7 Letang 8 Dahlin 9 Binnington 10 Bishop. I also have Quinn Hughes and others.
    No I wouldn't keep them over anyone mentioned. I commend you for trying to get value for them this year, it's the right move.

What most people are saying is that it wasn't great value and you probably should have got more. It's unclear why it was veto'd (and it shouldn't have been), but most are assuming it was veto'd because you didn't get enough back and that it was lopsided for the Hughes/Kakko side.

The general consensus is that the tatar trade is worse for you than Jarri, so maybe that one will get veto'd as well? To be clear neither should be veto'd but I think everyone's thinking (along with your league mates?) that maybe you should have been pushing for more. Easy for us to say as we don't know how long you've been trying to trade them and if there was any interest at all. If tatar was the best you could do then I'd agree he helps you more this year than the other two. But I think that is improbable. Good luck with the win this year you do have an excellent keeper core which definitely plays a role here.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Genius

No, I would not keep Kaako or Hughes - and that is the point of this entire thread. You traded two non-keepers for some immediate help in net... then things got weird.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

regardless id strongly consider keeping guys like kakko and hughes over Crosby, letang and bishop, just due to age, Crosby is hard one cause he is Crosby but injured a lot, I get the urge to go for it, but if another gm who wasn't in the thick of things was smart, they would be trying to acquire these two. Hughes got stamkos in my keeper league from a team who was in last (and some picks) where tatar got a 3rd round rookie pick, anyways your team , your choice, id make room for those two or at worst case trade for high picks in offseason, so then you get other rookies to work with. Jarry was the initial piece coming back, he has played well for 10 or so games but do you think Murray is just going to fade away? if it were me id take a guy like Bishop or Crosby add Hughes and Kakko and improve (target Vasi, Draist,Kuch or the like

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I wouldn't keep them over your first 9, nor Quinn Hughes right now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

I dont understand why your so hell bent on trading 2 unproven but potential stars? For pennies!
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Triplea14 View Post
    I dont understand why your so hell bent on trading 2 unproven but potential stars? For pennies!
    Because I’m not keeping them and they suck this season. And like I said if I tried for a bigger return it would get vetoed again.

C, C, C, C,
    LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Tatar trade was processed this morning. Funny how jarry trade was vetoed but Tatar trade wasn’t.

C, C, C, C,
    LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Sage

Tatar trade was processed this morning. Funny how jarry trade was vetoed but Tatar trade wasn’t.
    Personally I'd find a new league after that non sense.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Personally I'd find a new league after that non sense.
    This. But win it first.