Thread: Trade Opinions

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Trade Opinions

1) My Hall and a 4 in 2020 for Forsberg and a 2 in 2020, or Hall and a 7 for Forsberg and a 3.

2) My Q Hughes for a 4 in 2020 and a 6 in 2021.

3) My 6 in 2021 for Yandle.

I just got Hall this year, and plan is to keep him for 2 years, and if I got Forsberg I'd do the same with him.

With the D aspect, I've got Samsonov as a really good rookie carry-over option, whether he starts for Caps next year or not based on our scoring system (has more pts than Hughes in <20 games), and I replace Hughes with a guy who will put up just as many if not more points for ROS, whichever I go for.

Would you consider any of these deals, counter offer, stand pat? I can figure out rookie stuff after the season, no hurry but no guarantees I get a better offer vs now, and worse comes to worse if I can't find a trade partner, I'll have to drop say a Samsonov and try to re-draft him. My plan would be move whoever of Hughes or Samsonov I can get most for, and keep the other if I wait until the off-season.

Current picks:

2020: 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8.
    2021: 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Trade Opinions

Anyone?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Genius

- Is Quinn Hughes a keeper for any team in your league? I would think in your rookie spot keeper there has to be a team or three trying to get him. Try to trade Hughes ++ for a keeper upgrade for you. Making a Hughes /Yandle /Pick series of moves just so you can have an extra 4th round pick next year seems like a waste of Hughes.

- Hall for Forsberg...? Sure. Why not. Seems pretty lateral so you make that decision based on to it preference.

- Yandle is way too injury prone to even consider having on a roster. Just look at all those man games missed every year.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Pro

He would be a rookie carry over for the team I’d be trading him to, so can carry him into next season, but I’d be doing the same with him or Samsonov. There have been 2 teams asking about him, 1 offered miller and dahlin but I’m fine forwards wise, and both Would be dropped, at least in this other deal I’d be getting futures, and able to use 1 of the picks to replace Hughes. Are you saying to try and upgrade on say a guy like Meier for instance? I’ve thought about that, but tricky because need a team that will take a downgraded keeper and needs a rookie, and people aren’t after Meier at this point, plus just got him this year so I think good to be patient. Maybe looking at Hughes and Hall for a better keeper is an option, but easier said than done. That and Hall is looking really good with the yotes, I’ve got draisaitl hall and seguin as my main guys, plus I’m in the money, and started the year with boeser and Keller; so I’ve already upgraded those guys. And I was just looking at the deals as I end up with Yandle and a 4 for Quinn Hughes, and have a good guy to carry over in Samsonov anyways. Either way I’ll end up only being able to keep 1 rookie, so in off season could get low balled since guys know I can only keep 1. Plus my league rewards goals more than assists, and Quinn is assist heavy so in that standpoint he and yandle are similar, and guys like Dahlin and Heiskenen will go back into the draft and have similar upside I’d think and I’ll have a shot at them. I don’t know if there is a comparable to Samsonov that will be on as strong of a team, if I had to cut him loose. Yandle does miss games but how can we predict that anyways? He’s ranked Top 10 d wise everywhere I look, so maybe I’m not as low on him but he’s been very underrated for awhile offensively. And regarding hall Forsberg, I just worry Forsberg doesn’t have the same ceiling, and a limited keeper you want to have the best keepers you can. I’ll probably hold off, was just an interesting offer.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Ps: checked again and yandle Is far from injury prone, did you not see it’s been years since he’s missed a game? Also, if I try to upgrade a keeper I still create a hole at D. At least with the picks, then flipping 1 for yandle I’m still going to compete this year, and I get good value for a rookie, when who knows what would happen in off season.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    Ps: checked again and yandle Is far from injury prone, did you not see it’s been years since he’s missed a game? Also, if I try to upgrade a keeper I still create a hole at D. At least with the picks, then flipping 1 for yandle I’m still going to compete this year, and I get good value for a rookie, when who knows what would happen in off season.
    Your sarcasm meter is broken. Admittedly, it's hard to read sarcasm well online, but Moses drops sarcasm when he's not dropping tablets.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Your sarcasm meter is broken. Admittedly, it's hard to read sarcasm well online, but Moses drops sarcasm when he's not dropping tablets.
    haha fair enough, missed the sarcasm. Thoughts on trade options?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Genius

- You have 5 goalies in a one goalie league. That is too many (even if 2 are hurt).
    - Trade for Yandle now and put him in the bench as insurance (drop a goalie if you need space). If other GMs are starting to sell assets, then start making offers on their players. Win your league this year.
    - Quinn Hughes will hold as much value after the season as he does now. There is no need to trade him today. Keep his production in your line up the figure out what to do with him in the summer. What would you rather have for the next 30 games, Quinn Hughes or a 4th round pick?
    - Re: Hall vs. Forsberg - this one is person preference. If you think that one is better than the other, for whatever reason, then keep/trade for that guy.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Trade opinions:

Get Yandle.
    Keep Hughes until the offseason, at least.
    Do what you prefer with Hall/Forsberg.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Hope you got Yandle before tonight's game.