Thread: Is this a lowball offer?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Is this a lowball offer?

I am in first place in a 12 team league, I am looking to build some depth for my team and for a playoff run. I offered to the guy in last place, who is already eliminated from a playoff spot, his Huberdeau, Weber, 13th, 14th and 15th round for my Nylander, Getzlaf, 4th, 6th and 9th. He rejected it. Is that a lowball? Nobody ever trades away their top 3 rounds as it is a 5 player keeper league and those 3 rounds are the most valuable obviously. Should I throw in another player or just give up. Just for reference in the 4th round this year and 6th, players like Marner, Zibanejad, Bishop, Josi, Pastrnak were taken.

And some trades that have recently happened have been Binnington for a 4th, E. Kane for a 5th. Malkin and Trochek for a 4,5 ,6.

My team is Giroux, Horvat, Forsberg, Kovalchuk, Nylander, Kubalik, OEL, Pionk, Green, Borowiecki, Monahan, Getzlaf, Tervainen, Hedman, Panarin, Marchand, Hamilton, Bishop and Holtby.

CATS are G, A, PPP, SOG, FW, Hits, BLKS, W,Sv%, GAA, SO.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Is this a lowball offer?

Huby is a stud and I wouldn't want to move him. If I were that GM I want a way better player if I'm giving up huby...Getzluaghes is a no go if u ask me. I think u on right track with the picks tho.

Dobber Sports Novice

Who would you consider giving up instead of Getz?

Dobber Sports Veteran

You are getting a for sure keeper in Hubs, so make sure you are sending back a keeper upgrade for his team. ie is Nylander a keeper upgrade for him? Getz is insignificant and unless Nylander is better than his fifth keeper it wont matter if you upgrade Gez or not.

I also cant see how your team is in first so im probably not worth listening to. ��

Dobber Sports Superstar

Huberdeau alone would require the two players you proposed and two higher picks.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov