Thread: Use one of my last moves or stay with what I have?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Use one of my last moves or stay with what I have?

I'm battling for 1st in a semi keeper league with salary cap same as NHL 81.5 million. 24 players total on our teams which include starters and bench players

We use 9 forwards ,6 Defensemen and 1 Goalie for each of the 82 game season(738 forward,492 Defensemen and 82 Goalie games total for the season)

Goalie points are wins =4, Saves =.2, Shutouts =5,Goals Against=-1.2 and Loses=-2

Goalie is my weakest position
    Mrazek
    Hart
    Shesterkin
    McEhinney

Forward is my strongest and Defence is not bad.

Do I use one of my last moves to pick up Bishop?

I could only do it if i drop a Defensemen with a similar salary as Bishop(5.5 million) maybe Yandle. I have 2 defensemen on my bench if i did the move a much lesser defensemen would take Yandle's spot. That would leave me with 1 Defensemen on my bench and 2 moves for the remainder of the year. There is also a possibility i could trade for a defensemen before our leagues deadline(same as NHL).

Need Advice on what to do?
    Help

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Use one of my last moves or stay with what I have?

How are forwards and defensemen points calculated? Can we see your team and salaries to have an idea on how we can make bishop fit? I like the idea of adding bishop but Yandle is a mega ppp producer from the back end. I'm thinking there might be a better way.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Points-Goals=3,Assists=2, +/-= +or-1, Shots.2 and Penalty Minutes=.2
    Forwards
    Mackinnon 6.75
    Kucherov 12
    Stamkos 9.5
    Ovechkin 10
    Malkin 9.5
    Haula 2.6
    Debrincat .835
    Keller .835
    Hintz .925
    Kahun .925
    Frost .925

Defensemen
    Hedman 8
    Yandle 5.75
    Pulock 2.65
    Heiskanan .925
    Fox .925
    Cernak .7
    Hague .925
    Dermott .925

Goalies
    Mrazerk 3
    Hart .7
    Shesterkin .925
    McElhinney 1.3

Tight against the cap. In this league Pulock,Heiskanen and Fox are only 10 pool points back at this point of Yandle. Bishop is 35 pool points more than Mrazek and 55 pool points more that Hart. I can only use 82 goalie games total.

Plus/Minus is a pretty big point gain or loss remember Yandle gets most of his points on the PP and is weak in the other areas including Plus/Minus

Dobber Sports Sage

First way to provide all the info. Good looking team, love that you have the stars then a bunch of value contracts.

Yandle is plus 3 this year but I get with no defensive bonus, pp point bonus, and goal weighted, that he's not as valuable as he may be in other leagues. Have you tried to trade him? I don't love dropping him but to add bishop he is your best bet as I don't want to lose any of your big forwards.

If you cant trade him and you think you need goalie help more than what yandle provides offensively (I would agree with this on your team) then I have no problem with the move.

Side note: how about that Mackinnon contract. It's almost not fair in cap leagues.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):