His minutes overall have dropped this year, around 20 ish Not dissimilar to how Barkov’s dropped, but still getting lots of time on pp. Thoughts on him for rest of season vs a guy like Q Hughes? I own Hughes, but I’ve got Samsonov too so thinking of moving Hughes for a 4 in 2020 and 6 in 2021, then flipping a 6 in 2021 for Yandle, and carrying Samsonov over as my rookie guy after the season. This is an option vs standing pat and deciding after the season, trying to move one, and if not able to just drop (ie: samsonov). No guarantees I’d get as much as a 4 in the off season if I am able to move a rookie, and binnington was moved for a 5 after his rookie year by a team with an extra rookie. I see it as a chance to guarantee I grab a pick for a rookie, and I get a proven vet back that should produce similar to if not better than Hughes for ROS. I acquired Hughes in a trade in October, Samsonov was a waiver claim but he’s proving to be a dark horse ROY candidate. I wouldn’t like dropping either, but if I had to lose 1 after the season it would be Samsonov, and I’d try to redraft him. Hughes is talked about a lot more/in a Canadian market, so he’d be tougher to get back in draft I think, plus having traded for him I’d just feel better holding on to him.

currently sitting with the following picks:

2020: 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8
2021: 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

I’m in third in my league, top 4 place in Money but it’s a tight race for spots 3/4 by 3 teams.