Thread: Canes In-House Dougie Replacement?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Canes In-House Dougie Replacement?

RE: PP1

Will the Canes give Gardiner every opportunity to run with the job even though he didn't earlier in the season?

Odds Jake Bean gets called up and shot at running PP1?

Dreger reported Canes were looking for a defensive dman, is it possible they change tack and look for an offensive guy to run PP1 like a Gustafsson in Chicago who is hearing trade rumors and is CHEAP?

Who's it going to be? First crack to Gardiner and if he runs with it, it's all good?

If not?
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Canes In-House Dougie Replacement?

Picked up Gardiner myself today assuming it will be him
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Padawan

My apologies for posting the below....I see he broke his fibula...sad to hear he was doing so well.
    I'm also interested in hearing opinions on an in house replacement as that's what I will have to do.
    "Sorry, I haven't seen any recent news. Has it been determined yet how long Dougie will be out for?"

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post

Will the Canes give Gardiner every opportunity to run with the job even though he didn't earlier in the season?
    Thanks

Dreger reported Canes were looking for a defensive dman, is it possible they change tack and look for an offensive guy to run PP1 like a Gustafsson in Chicago who is hearing trade rumors and is CHEAP?

Who's it going to be? First crack to Gardiner and if he runs with it, it's all good?

If not?
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    My apologies for posting the below....I see he broke his fibula...sad to hear he was doing so well.
    I'm also interested in hearing opinions on an in house replacement as that's what I will have to do.
    "Sorry, I haven't seen any recent news. Has it been determined yet how long Dougie will be out for?"
    No timeline yet but read Staal had similar injury and was out 3-months.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)

This won't make you feel good about picking up Jake Gardiner:

https://twitter.com/PNiddy40/status/...886726657?s=20
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Dobber Sports Stud

This won't make you feel good about picking up Jake Gardiner:

https://twitter.com/PNiddy40/status/...886726657?s=20
    You gotta think Hamilton’s injury changes their plans no?
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

I hope so, but the first PP came sans Dougie and SLAVIN is running it, not Gardiner! Yikes, for Gardiner guys like you and me!
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Administrator

If not?
    Couldn't they do both? I mean, it's possible to make two separate deals.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Couldn't they do both? I mean, it's possible to make two separate deals.
    Absolutely possible but I'm only concerned with how this affects adding Jake Gardiner thinking he was going to be the Hamilton replacement on PP1. If they add a PP1 QB like Gustafsson, then it's foolish to own Gardiner. It already is given they're still trying to trade him and he's not on PP1 having the year he's having in Carolina.

For the Gustafsson owners' sake, I hope he's dealt to the Canes and runs PP1.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3