Thread: J.T. Miller vs Point

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default J.T. Miller vs Point

In a cap league where salaries are set internally (bids etc. - not NHL salaries). I have point on a large contract and am tight against the cap. Another manager has JT Miller for about 2/3rds the price and I could use the cash. Am I nuts to offer Point for Miller? I'm in second place and have Petersson and Boeser, so I figure I might as well put all my chips on Vancouver's first line.
    12 Tm Keeper League
    3-6 C 6-9 Wing 6-7D 2G
    P,A,+/-,PIM,PPG,GA,Saves

C: McTavish, Elias Pettersson, J.T. Miller
    W: Boeser, Huberdeau, Kakko, Bratt, Gaudreau, Giroux, Jarvis, Kyrou, Boldy, Tuch
    D: Werenski, Hughes, Korchinski, Montour, Ekblad, Sanheim
    G: Sorokin, Shesterkin

Farm:
    C: Rossi
    W: Raymond, Berggren, Pelletier, Peterka
    D: Perunovich, Sandin, Timmins, Hutson
    G: Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: J.T. Miller vs Point

Not crazy, though I would approach it asking for a little something else on top of Miller to start.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

That's not crazy, but you should be able to free up salary somewhere else, possibly.

Also somehwat depends on your playoff format, if any, and starting requirements/setup.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

It's not crazy but I'd want to have a really solid plan for what we're doing with the freed up cap space and if we have that I'd ask for a small add on.

So the deal is more like Miller + 1/3 salary saved player x + player y/draft pick for Point + player(s) you would have to drop (if any). Once you fill in the missing players it should be more clear on whether or not it's a good deal.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Thanks. I was going to use the cap space to promote Marino (and potentially Shestyorkin) from my minors, so essentially it's point for Miller and sort of those two. But...I'm wondering if I could expand it, make it Point, Labanc and Severson for his Miller and Kreider (on an expiring contract, so basically a rental). That would leave me some room to pick up a mid tier player to give more depth on D. Maybe Edler (it would be tight - have to not promote one of the minors above) or Gudas or Grzelcyk.

Dobber Sports Superstar

For every "blockbuster multi player trade" we see, there are hundreds of failed attempts. The more complicated a trade, the more folks start getting nervous and tend not to jump in with both feet. My advice would be to keep this simple, get what you initially wanted. Then, if you want to make additional moves go from there. If you get a bit over ambitious, you might end up with nothing. It happens. Just sayin'
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    For every "blockbuster multi player trade" we see, there are hundreds of failed attempts. The more complicated a trade, the more folks start getting nervous and tend not to jump in with both feet. My advice would be to keep this simple, get what you initially wanted. Then, if you want to make additional moves go from there. If you get a bit over ambitious, you might end up with nothing. It happens. Just sayin'
    Trade completed:

Point, Labanc and Severson + Ty Smith to him

J.T. Miller and Chris Kreider to me

With the salary I save I'll promote Marino (and likely Shestyorkin if he exceeds minor league game status).

Now I can add Edler or Bjorkstrand. Thoughts? Team in sig.
    12 Tm Keeper League
    3-6 C 6-9 Wing 6-7D 2G
    P,A,+/-,PIM,PPG,GA,Saves

C: McTavish, Elias Pettersson, J.T. Miller
    W: Boeser, Huberdeau, Kakko, Bratt, Gaudreau, Giroux, Jarvis, Kyrou, Boldy, Tuch
    D: Werenski, Hughes, Korchinski, Montour, Ekblad, Sanheim
    G: Sorokin, Shesterkin

Farm:
    C: Rossi
    W: Raymond, Berggren, Pelletier, Peterka
    D: Perunovich, Sandin, Timmins, Hutson
    G: Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Which to add depends on what you need, honestly.

Is Karlsson (Ott) actually Karlsson (SJ)?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.