Thread: Any tweaks to keep me untouchable as #1? (will gladly rep!)

Dobber Sports Ace

Question Any tweaks to keep me untouchable as #1? (will gladly rep!)

Hey guys, roster & settings in signature (first team). I'm looking to make some small FA moves, or make some tiny deals, to help me lock up the league for this year. The bulk of our prize payout is for #1 at the end of the Yahoo regular season, and I'm in pretty good shape (20 point lead in standings, currently beating the #2 team 8-1 in H2H).

Defense:
    I think my weak link is defense (Klefbom), and I'm currently carrying 5 defense. I think I'm going to drop Klefbom to activate Crosby from my IR, and keep Lindell on a short leash and stream him out when he cools off. Think that's the move? Or should I drop Lindell now instead and keep Klefbom hoping the Oilers PP catches fire? Other FA options at D include Dumba (watching him), Heiskanen (also a watch), Byfuglien (any news?), Marino, Butcher, Severson, Hronek, Boqvist, Gustafsson Keith, Grzelcyk... a bit of a dog's breakfast, but some guys with potential in there.

What do you do with the blueline if you're me?

Forward:
    Schmaltz has cooled off a bit, Kassian's production isn't as reliable as I'd hope, and there are some other interesting options out there at C. I'm hoping to pick up a guy with C/W eligibility though, given Crosby and Malkin are exclusively C eligible. Available guys on the FA list include Thomas, Hintz, Hyman, Duchene, and McCann.

Any suggested tweaks at forward?

Goalie wise I think I'm pretty set, but I'm looking to flip Mrazek for Halak as the Halak owner is in the midst of a rebuild.

I'll gladly rep all your responses. Thanks for reading!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Any tweaks to keep me untouchable as #1? (will gladly rep!)

1. Drop Lindell. He's your weak link. He's the #3 PP defenseman on Dallas. You have just PIM, and he's not good at that, honestly. He's a stream at best in that league, and that's when one of Heiskanen or Klingberg are hurt.

Noting it's a points league, I like these over Lindell: Dumba, Hronek, Heiskanen, Marino, and maybe Butcher or Boqvist. I like Hronek the most there.

2. McCann may be interesting as a forward grab due to his centerman, but what does the Penguins' schedule look like for you as a short-term add? I worry loading up so much on the one team may make it hard to get him into the lineup. I think looking for C/W eligibles is best, and maybe you can trade for one of a team that's out of it.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    1. Drop Lindell. He's your weak link. He's the #3 PP defenseman on Dallas. You have just PIM, and he's not good at that, honestly. He's a stream at best in that league, and that's when one of Heiskanen or Klingberg are hurt.

Noting it's a points league, I like these over Lindell: Dumba, Hronek, Heiskanen, Marino, and maybe Butcher or Boqvist. I like Hronek the most there.

2. McCann may be interesting as a forward grab due to his centerman, but what does the Penguins' schedule look like for you as a short-term add? I worry loading up so much on the one team may make it hard to get him into the lineup. I think looking for C/W eligibles is best, and maybe you can trade for one of a team that's out of it.
    Thanks for the feedback. I’ve been ready to drop Lindell for awhile now but he’s just not letting me. 9 points in his last 7 games. Scored the game winner in his last game. Things have to flip soon but it looks like he’s actually getting prime PP deployment right now. I do have to drop somebody to activate Crosby though. Maybe he’s the go-to guy, and I should be patient with Klefbom.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It sounds like he is your streamer. Lindell is hot and has gotten more PP time than usual lately, but take Hronek as an example. He is the PP1 guy, and while Detroit scores very poorly, he is outproducing Lindell.

Once he goes cold, feel free to drop him, and that's coming. Dallas' injuries have helped him a lot the last year and a half.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    It sounds like he is your streamer. Lindell is hot and has gotten more PP time than usual lately, but take Hronek as an example. He is the PP1 guy, and while Detroit scores very poorly, he is outproducing Lindell.

Once he goes cold, feel free to drop him, and that's coming. Dallas' injuries have helped him a lot the last year and a half.
    Do you like Hronek more than Klefbom? I’ll be dropping Lindell to activate Crosby from my IR. Once that is done, Klefbom becomes my blueline streamer.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

With your cats, Kassian and Lindell are pretty much dead weight imo. If hits were counted too, I'd consider Kassian. If blks were counted, I'd consider Lindell - but in your setup they're not helping much.
    At Fwd I'd much rather have Duchene here as I think he's been doing way worse than he's capable of, and he seems to be getting better opportunities and looks to be heating up with the new coach in NSH.
    And on D I'd probably take almost any guy you've listed before Lindell, except maybe Keith and Butcher. Lindell has a lower floor and/or a way lower ceiling than some of these guys imo.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

1. I would drop Lindell to activate Sid. Hronek is my favourite out of the listed FAs as he's the PPQB for Detroit and I just like his game a lot.

2. I would drop Kassian to pick up Rob Thomas (I assume that's the Thomas you listed). He's been playing well and seems to be getting better all the time on a pretty good team and should be C/W eligible.
    12 team dynasty, weekly H2H, daily starts
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1UTL, 2G, 7 Bench - 23 player roster, unlimited farm system
    Cats - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, Hits, SOG, BS, W, GAA, S%, S and SO

C - Crosby, MacKinnion, Bergeron, Kopitar and Pageau
    LW - Marchand, Pacioretty, Nugent-Hopkins (C) and Vrana
    RW - Stone, Voracek, Duclair (LW), T. Wilson and Tanev (LW)
    D - Hedman, Doughty, Trouba, Weber and Giordano
    G - Holtby, Binnington, Quick and M. Koskinen
    Farm
    Highlights - Cernak, V. Soderstrom, T. Harley, V. Heinola, R. Andersson, C. Garland, C. Grundstrom, P. Kochetkov
    Picks - 2020 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th