Thread: UFA Goalies

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default UFA Goalies

Any thoughts on Holty vs. Markstrom?
    Both UFAs. Where they move is important(?).
    I would guess Holtby is good more due to WAS and would perform even worse on most other teams?
    Cap is very important. Holtby is due the bigger raise?
    31 team permanent keeper. 12F, 6D, +1 Skater, 2G, 5 Reserve, 8 Prospects (744 skaters, 62 goalies, 248 prospects)
    Goalie - 20 W, 2.5 save, -15 GA, 15 SO
    Skater - 25 point, 2 PIM, 1 Hit, 2 Block, +/- 10, TOI 0.2/min, Special team points +5, Fight 5
    Strict NHL salary cap & floor

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: UFA Goalies

It sounds like WSH are not willing to give Holtby the long term deal that he wants, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him move to a different team in the summer. Performance will depend on the team and the style they play, as we all know the coaching and team structure can make a world of difference to a goalies numbers.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Ace

Do you have to make this decision today? It'd be nice to know Holtby's future first.

If I had to pick today, I'd pick Markstrom. I'm more confident that he re-signs with VAN and I think he signs for less (maybe far less) than Holtby. Also, I think he'll be an average to above average goalie for the foreseeable future.

The details of Holtby's future are too mirky for my liking, even though he may be more talented and tested than Markstrom.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Deity

I think both will re-sign with their current teams but if I had to choose one or the other, I think I'd go with Markstrom. I dont think he gets the same dollar amount (he gets less) than Holtby and to be honest I think he's just as good and Vancouver is clearly a team on the rise.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Give me Markstrom. Holtby has been on a downward spiral for 3 years now. Also, I don't see how Holtby re-signs with WAS, given their cap situation.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Stud

Agree w/ VinceVega - add to that, they both have good young GK’s challenging them....and look at Samsonov’s stats. Holtby will sign in Buffalo. Or somewhere
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

They aren't the only UFA goalies, either. I think Markstrom is a priority for Vancouver, but Holtby less so for Washington.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.