Thread: Elvis for DeAngelo

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Elvis for DeAngelo

I've been offered Elvis straight up for my Tony DeAngelo. I'm currently in the middle of a rebuild and am in last place so not looking to compete this year. Should I go after the shiny new toy in Columbus or stick with Tony D and his solid offensive production from the blueline in NY?
    12 Teams Keeper, Weekly H2H, Daily Starts (3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G)
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - Tavares, Scheifle, Trocheck, Granlund
    LW - BTkachuk, Stamkos, Kurashev, Mittelstadt
    RW - MTkachuk, Miller, Pavelski, Tolvanen, Zetterlund
    D - Dahlin, Josi, Hamilton, Fox, Nurse, Montour, Manson
    G - Sorokin, Saros, Ullmark

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin
    G - Schmid, Daws, Commesso, Portillo, Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Elvis for DeAngelo

Wow, that's tough. I like both players, and I suspect you could use a second good goalie over another good defenseman. 10 skater cats, of which D can help in 9 (no FOW), and 8 goalie cats. Both have issues with potential competition, as well.

I'm guessing "MacKenzie" is MacKenzie Blackwood. You have a goalie corps where you could actually use all first names and be pretty clear, honestly. I'd be willing to do that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Anyone else have any thoughts? Elvis just had a second straight shutout but Korpi was playing well before he went down and I’m worried about the competition between the two and the headaches that come with goalie tandems. I already have Fox so nabbing Tony D would solidify the #1 and 2 PP QBs I’m NYR.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If I'm not mistaken with your setup goalies have much more value than a skater (8 Goalie stat vs 10 Skater). However Goalies are voodos. I'm pretty sure when Korpisalo gets healthy he will get his chance to get back his starter role. If he gets it, then you have a backup in Elvis. That's the time when you can get him for less than DeAngelo who is a very good offensive Dman.

I think you should hold on Tony D a little bit longer and wait 2-3 weeks before decide on this but I can understand you want another good Goalie on your team.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
    If I'm not mistaken with your setup goalies have much more value than a skater (8 Goalie stat vs 10 Skater). However Goalies are voodos. I'm pretty sure when Korpisalo gets healthy he will get his chance to get back his starter role. If he gets it, then you have a backup in Elvis. That's the time when you can get him for less than DeAngelo who is a very good offensive Dman.

I think you should hold on Tony D a little bit longer and wait 2-3 weeks before decide on this but I can understand you want another good Goalie on your team.
    Goalies being "voodoo" is my exact thinking. Goalies are valuable in my league because of the number of categories they cover but the teams at the top of the standing have average goaltending and very strong forwards and dmen. All is takes is for one (or two) of the goalies to have a bad start and it completely messes things up. The guy in first who consistently is at the top has Kuemper, Mrazek and King Henrik as his goalies. I'm leaning towards holding onto Tony D as highly skilled offensive dmen are not easy to come by. I think Saros and Blackwood will be Tier 2 guys with Binnington being Tier 1 and down the road I think that will be good enough to contend. Especially if Sorokin comes over (fingers crossed) I'll have another stud to lean on.
    12 Teams Keeper, Weekly H2H, Daily Starts (3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G)
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - Tavares, Scheifle, Trocheck, Granlund
    LW - BTkachuk, Stamkos, Kurashev, Mittelstadt
    RW - MTkachuk, Miller, Pavelski, Tolvanen, Zetterlund
    D - Dahlin, Josi, Hamilton, Fox, Nurse, Montour, Manson
    G - Sorokin, Saros, Ullmark

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin
    G - Schmid, Daws, Commesso, Portillo, Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Jedi

you have the depth on D to do this... in a year from now... this could be seen as a buy low on Merz.

I would probably do it. you could use some G depth.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    you have the depth on D to do this... in a year from now... this could be seen as a buy low on Merz.

I would probably do it. you could use some G depth.
    Or in a year from now this could be seen as a sell low on DeAngelo. Tough call but I prefer DeAngelo as goalies are a lot less predicable.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Reading everyone else's thoughts, I'd see if you can figure out what value your goalies have, notably Saros/Blackwood. You can then extrapolate Merzlikins from that. You might be able to flip Merzlikins for someone you like more than DeAngelo.

I do agree with dominating skater cats as being more reliable, but it's hard when it's 10-9. and defense only helps in 8 of the 9.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.