Thread: Massive Trade - Meier/Arvidsson/Zib/picks --> Seguin/Rantanen/Dubois/picks

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Massive Trade - Meier/Arvidsson/Zib/picks --> Seguin/Rantanen/Dubois/picks

I've just been offered a big trade. 16 team Yahoo H2H league. 3C/3LW/3RW/4D/2G, Keep 4 players annually.
    Cats: G/A/SOG/PPP/PIM/GWG/Hits
    Currently in 3rd place, catching up after a slow start, my current team:
    Zibs, Larkin, Wheeler, Laine, E. Kane, Huberdeau, Hoffman, Meier, Arvidsson, Fiala, Bonino, Dzingel, Fabri, Armia, Trouba, Deangelo, Suter, Theodore, Grubauer, Hellebuyck, Hill.

Got offered my Zibanejad, Meier, Arvidsson and next years 1st,3rd and 4th picks in exchange for his Seguin, Rantanen, Dubois and 5th, 6th and 8th picks.

This would be the biggest trade I've ever been offered and would most certainly make me the strongest candidate to win this season. I'm excited to get Rantanen in the deal. What do you experts think?
    14 team Yahoo H2H: Keep 4
    G,A,PPP,PIM,SOG,Hits,Blocks,W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench
    Team: JT Miller, Svechnikov, Rantanen, Connor, Forsberg, Schmaltz, Fiala, Buchnevich, Bennett, Hertl, Couturier, Peterka, Dahlin, Sergachev, Nurse, Burns, Sanheim, Sorokin, Raanta, Kochetkov, Woll
    IR: Andersen, Pacioretty

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Massive Trade - Meier/Arvidsson/Zib/picks --> Seguin/Rantanen/Dubois/picks

I'd take that deal if you think Seguin and Rantanen will give you best shot at winning this year. In a 16 team league you gotta go for it when you're close. You would still have 4 nice keepers and although you may suffer next year with later picks, you might still be able to find some quality guys late and make this a huge win for you.
    - The Fan

11 Team Dynasty Cap League
    9 Forwards, 4 Defense, 1 Goalie, 8 Bench
    Keep 17 each year (drop 4 minimum)
    G=1, A=1, +/-=0.2, PIM=0.1, Hits=0.1, Blks=0.1, W=2, SO=2

McDavid, Stamkos, Schiefele, Eichel, Marner, Wilson, Pettersson, Pacioretty, Zegras, Terry, Granlund, Atkinson, Tippett
    Rielly, Sergachev, Theodore, Orlov, Karlsson, Sanderson
    Smith, Merzlikins

2018-19 Champion
    2019-20 Champion
    2020-21 Champion

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Massive Trade - Meier/Arvidsson/Zib/picks --> Seguin/Rantanen/Dubois/picks

I find this is a perplexing offer as I am assuming this GM is out of the running. I can't imagine any of the guys hes requesting in the trade are keepers so really he just wants the picks. Why not see if you can keep some of these pieces for your playoff push? Overall id probably consider this any ways as your keepers become Rantanen, Seguin, Huberdeau, Hellebuck? (Laine?) but i'd still want more for this playoff run - Try and keep Zibs or Arvy if you can.

Dobber Sports Superstar

In a keep 4 this is a MAJOR win for you getting Rantanen, clearly the best player in the deal. I would accept it based on that.

The fact that you believe this puts you in a strong position to win this season is also a strong factor to do it.

The pick swap hurts you for next year, but if you get the win and a keeper upgrade, it will all be worth it and you can focus on stocking picks for the season after if you find you fall out of it earlier next year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like it as well. Go for it.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the responses. I think overall this definitely helps me this year and the loss of the 1st rounder next year is offset by the upgrade in keepers with Rantanen. This year I think Seguin and Zibs are a wash with Dubois upgrading my centres overall. Meier and Arvidsson have been disappointing and I have a lot of strength on the wing. I'm going to go for it and hope for the best. Cheers!
    14 team Yahoo H2H: Keep 4
    G,A,PPP,PIM,SOG,Hits,Blocks,W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench
    Team: JT Miller, Svechnikov, Rantanen, Connor, Forsberg, Schmaltz, Fiala, Buchnevich, Bennett, Hertl, Couturier, Peterka, Dahlin, Sergachev, Nurse, Burns, Sanheim, Sorokin, Raanta, Kochetkov, Woll
    IR: Andersen, Pacioretty