Thread: Valimaki

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Valimaki

Hey guys, I need your expert advice. I'm in a 16 team yahoo H2H league, and kind of missed the boat on young talent at the end of my draft. I thought I would see who is available on the wire, pickings are scarce. I was looking for a young defenseman that could have high upside. I saw Valimaki on the list and wondered what his value might be. I know this year was a wash for him because of his injury.
    16 Team Yahoo League (Daily line up changes, weekly H2H Format, Keep 15 players next year re draft)
    Starting Positions: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G
    Skater Scoring Categories:G, A, +/-, PPP, SHG, SOG, SH%, FW, HIT, BLK
    Goalie Scoring Categories:W, L, GA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C-Backstrom Trochek, Hischier, J Eriksson EK
    LW-Schwartz, Pearson,Nugent-Hopkins, Labanc,Marchessault
    RW-Rantanen, Konecny, Palmeiri, Fabbri, Vatrano
    D-Severson, Skjei, Niskanen. Sanheim, Werenski,
    G-Markstrom, Reimer
    IR-Mrazek, Rantanen, Klefbom

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Valimaki

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Hey guys, I need your expert advice. I'm in a 16 team yahoo H2H league, and kind of missed the boat on young talent at the end of my draft. I thought I would see who is available on the wire, pickings are scarce. I was looking for a young defenseman that could have high upside. I saw Valimaki on the list and wondered what his value might be. I know this year was a wash for him because of his injury.
    I own him and looking forward to pretty good production for years . 40-50 pts in 1-2 yrs maybe . I think he is to be back in February this year . Good potential
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Ace

The kid has potential written all over him and flames fans can't wait to see what he does once he is back to full health BUT that is where the pause lies. He has struggled with a few minor and major injuries over the previous few years, the current injury was a training injury, which hopefully are not going to become a regular thing, but it is something to be aware of. The ceiling is high with him but floor could be low if he joins the band aid boy list.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Wizard

its been long time waiting, who knows...reminds me a bit of Gabriel Vilardi situation.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Padawan

Great potential for sure, but who does he bump out of PP time? One could argue Kylington is next in line for a more offensive role. Tough call. Plus, Vali will take some time to get back to his old self.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Depends on how your keepers work. I own him where we have a minor league and plenty of spots, so he's not hard to hold on to.

Your signature indicates that your league is a 16 team, Keep 15, but no indication as to whether you have minor slots, or if Valimaki would be eligible.

Your team looks like it's in pretty rough shape, so grabbing Valimaki might make some sense, although your D looks to be the strongest of your positions. I would drop a guy like Ennis or Cole for him given you're probably not competing in the near future. Who else is available that might be worth a stash?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would pick him up. He was scheduled to get an opportunity this year until the injury. Brodie and Hamonic RFA's after this season. There is a chance he will play a big role next year.