Thread: Large trade need help evaluating including Eichel, Josi, Rantanen, etc.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Large trade need help evaluating including Eichel, Josi, Rantanen, etc.

First Option
    Side A: Eichel, Rasmus Ristolainen
    Side B: Evgeny Kuznetsov, Claude Giroux, Shea Weber, Mikko Rantanen

Second Option
    Side A: Eichel
    Side B: Josi, Rantanen

I own side A, was offered both of these offers. 1 year, 12 team H2H. G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK

C: Barzal, Eichel, Trocheck, Dubois
    LW, RW: Hoffman, Tkachuk, Miller, B. Coleman
    RW: Pasta
    D: Ekman-Larsson, Ristolainen, T. Myers, J. Morrissey, M. Giordano, R. Ellis (IR)
    G: Khodobin, Holtby

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Large trade need help evaluating including Eichel, Josi, Rantanen, etc.

love Eichel but trade 1 is absolute steal for competing team imo...Weber still > Risto and you get 3 very good Fs for Eichel
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Large trade need help evaluating including Eichel, Josi, Rantanen, etc.

How deep is this league? Number of team, starting rosters, etc. Plays a big part in the value on 2 for 1 deals.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

12 teams, I’m in 7th. I have:

C: Barzal, Eichel, Trocheck, Dubois
    LW, RW: Hoffman, Tkachuk, Miller, B. Coleman
    RW: Pasta
    D: Ekman-Larsson, Ristolainen, T. Myers, J. Morrissey, M. Giordano, R. Ellis (IR)
    G: Khodobin, Holtby

Dobber Sports Titan

How many do you start at each position?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Oh sorry, duh. C, C, LW LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The only thing that really made me second guess it was loosing Eichel’s goals. I feel like I would be buying Rantanen low and selling Eichel “high” technically, never really going to come down but he’s performing well now, plus everyone extra that are performing. Could potentially improve my team as a whole but it’s just hard giving up Eichel.

Dobber Sports Titan

Definitely hard to make a move like that in such a shallow league. I see the appeal though, especially with so many Cs. First, have you looked at moving another centre, and what was the return?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

For this team I’m dealing with in this trade, only interested in Eichel pretty much. They desperately need hits and goals, hence Ristolainen. I have attempted to move Trocheck, Dubois or Tkachuk but there hasn’t been much interest. Everyone just wants the super high profile players like Miller, Eichel and Pasta included but whats being offered hasn’t made sense yet.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It's rough. I think you get the better end of that deal in deal A. but Kuznetsov hasn't been great recently, and although I feel like Rantanen will get back to form, it's a gamble, especially with Colorado's recent history. Giroux has been so-so, but his positional eligibility is awesome. Weber is just a great bonus. You're currently in 7th. Have you been trending up or down? If you haven't felt much upwards motion recently, you might just need to take the risk. your D is kinda mediocre right now, OEL hasn't done a whole lot this season, Morissey has been completely usurped by Pionk and Myers is nothing particularly special. Weber would be a big upgrade (so would Josi, but the rest of that trade is worse).
    Anyways, not sure any of that helps. If you don't feel you can claw your way back to a win, or if you think you might miss the playoffs as you are, maybe this is the risk to take...
    Yahoo 10 team H2H league (1 year)
    Positions: 2C, 4W, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN
    Forward Categories: G, A, P,+/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW
    Goalie Categories: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: A. Matthews, A. Kopitar, V. Trochek
    W: P. Kane, B. Tkachuk, J. Guentzel, E. Kane, T. Hall, T. Hertl, T. Teravainen
    D: D. Hamilton, V. Hedman, A. Pietrangelo, Mike Reilly
    G: S. Varlamov, R. Lehner, P. Grubauer
    IR: J. Eichel

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks all for the input, it is definitely appreciated. My thinking is that yes, this deal is good but it’s Eichel, no reason to not shop around more for better deals possibly and let this one sit. I am trending up, made a lot of moves and turned it around recently, but still could improve more.