Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Backstrom re-signs with Caps

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Backstrom re-signs with Caps

Pretty sure Backstrom did his own deal prior too. And he was fully prepared to go into free agency repping himself.

Ovi repped himself on his deal, and actually asked Backstrom to be his agent and Backstrom said no and laughed.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Guru

Andrei Markov was his own agent as well. I'm wondering if it's a cultural thing.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Well Backstrom is from Sweden, Markov and Ovechkin are russian, Brodeur is canadian, it's all different cultures, not a trend.

Administrator

A vet culture thing?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I think his play the last couple of years and the play of Samsonov this year is doing more to push Holtby out than Backstrom's contract.
    Is the Caps goalie situation going to be similar to the Pens decision to keep Murray over Fleury in the expansion draft? I know they altered the expansion rules because the NHL hates expansion teams showing up their established crappy teams, so I'm not sure if this situation will be similar to what the Pens had to do for the Vegas expansion.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Is the Caps goalie situation going to be similar to the Pens decision to keep Murray over Fleury in the expansion draft? I know they altered the expansion rules because the NHL hates expansion teams showing up their established crappy teams, so I'm not sure if this situation will be similar to what the Pens had to do for the Vegas expansion.
    There's the layer of what happens this year in free agency first. I suspect Copley is the goalie who is the designated guy to expose.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.