Thread: GMs wanted: 18-teams / Not your average league

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default GMs wanted: 18-teams / Not your average league

You: A fun, reliable hockey nut looking to join a challenging fantasy hockey league.

The league:

* Fantrax / 18 teams / total points format / deep rosters / active owners.

* There's an entry fee (ask for details).

* We use our own formula for calculating contract costs, and you can sign players for 1-4 seasons at a time.

* We run our own playoffs during the final month of the NHL regular season, tracking all matchups and scoring in Google Docs.

The available teams:

Two teams are available. Neither is an immediate contender (currently in 11th and 16th out of 18 teams), but both teams have promising keepers and all their draft picks. One team actually has multiple 1st rounders, and the other has some guy named Ovechkin.

This is the first time in 13 years that I've had to replace anyone mid-season, so the league is very stable overall. Happy to send screenshots of the rosters if you're interested.

If you're curious about taking the next step, take a look at our rulebook to get a lay of the land.

Any questions, shoot me a message or email [email protected]

Thanks!
    Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: GMs wanted: 18-teams / Not your average league

***Update***

1 spot available to take over a rebuilding team with all of its draft picks intact.

About the ideal candidate (maybe you!):
    * You're comfortable paying an entry fee. Normally it's $100 (USD), but it's only $25 for this season since we're over the halfway point.
    * The challenge of a rebuild excites you.
    * You're active, responsive, and generally a solid human being. We're a tight bunch, and the money is secondary to our passion for the game.

- Check out the league rulebook. - It's packed with everything you could want to know about the league. There's a quick reference guide near the top, and then it drills down into the nitty-gritty.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...S1WHQQ0Y/edit#

- For all the bells and whistles, it's a fairly straightforward league at its core: 1) Score points, 2) Sit on prospects like a mother hen, 3) try to sign players to advantageous contracts using our custom keeper cost formula. Every team has a cap of $400 (not real money) to sign players for 1-4 years at a time.

About the available team:

Name: Philly Cheesesteaks (you can change the name)
    Standing: 16th place (out of 18 teams).
    Team details: No existing contracts, so you would have a clean slate.

Current Roster (in descending order of cost):
    Alex Ovechkin
    Claude Giroux
    Darnell Nurse
    Reilly Smith
    Travis Konecny
    Ryan Pulock
    Max Domi
    Jake Muzzin
    Ivan Provorov
    Sam Reinhart
    James van Riemsdyk
    David Krejci
    Matt Murray
    Dmitry Orlov
    Lawson Crouse
    Ryan Reaves
    Barclay Goodrow
    Garnet Hathaway
    Chris Wagner
    Jimmy Howard
    Michal Kempny
    Ivan Barbashev
    Antoine Roussel
    Dmitry Kulikov
    Calvin Pickard
    Dmytro Timashov
    Filip Chlapik
    Klim Kostin
    Laurent Brossoit
    Dennis Gilbert

If you're interested in being considered, drop me an email at [email protected]. Look forward to hearing from you.

-Mark

Dobber Sports Rookie

Update: I'm willing to waive the buy-in for this season. If you're interested and want to try the league out for a few months before deciding if it's worth the money for next season, drop me a line. Roster and league details in the previous post. Great league for someone who wants to rebuild a team, and for someone who appreciates realism and who would enjoy the extra strategy of signing players to contracts.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Team is taken, thank you for all the interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddy View Post
    Update: I'm willing to waive the buy-in for this season. If you're interested and want to try the league out for a few months before deciding if it's worth the money for next season, drop me a line. Roster and league details in the previous post. Great league for someone who wants to rebuild a team, and for someone who appreciates realism and who would enjoy the extra strategy of signing players to contracts.