Thread: Trading Hall in a dynasty league

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Trading Hall in a dynasty league

I'm going to try to trade Hall for a younger player with upside as I'll miss playoffs this year. Need some help.

Ideally I'd land someone like Rantanen, Marner or Aho although unlikely. Which other targets would you recommend?

Point? Larkin? B. Tkachuk? Other ideas?

Cats are G, A, SOG, PPP, HIT, FOW

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Trading Hall in a dynasty league

well, first of all it would need to be team that will compete this year and want to add Hall. Second, if team is competing they will not trade any guys you mentioned maybe with exception of Larkin as he is not producing at high level.

I personally would go after high end prospect and a 1st rounder , maybe 2 prospects and a pick.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Forwards broken out by position or not?

Aiming for a younger D like Hronek, plus a less sexy forward name like Brock Nelson or Konecny might improve your team a lot. Are you looking to
    go really young witht the return?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    well, first of all it would need to be team that will compete this year and want to add Hall. Second, if team is competing they will not trade any guys you mentioned maybe with exception of Larkin as he is not producing at high level.

I personally would go after high end prospect and a 1st rounder , maybe 2 prospects and a pick.

This seems like the more realistic approach. Someone who is competing probably won't give up a good producing piece, but more willing to give up a top end prospect and picks. - You'll probably get better potential value this way too.
    20 Team Dynasty H2H Multi-Cat league 32 + 12 minor spots - (4 C. 4 RW. 4 LW, 6 D. 1 G) - After 3 year rebuild, competing

C: McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Dowd, Frost,

LW: Kaprizov, Stutzle, Boldy, Marchenko, Paul, Deslauriers

RW: Marner, Rantanen, Tolvanen, Bemstrom, O'Connor, Gurianov

D: Heiskanen, Boqvist, Provorov, Fabbro, Dillon, Jokiharju, Liljegren, Marino, Mayfield, Moser, Smith

G: Oettinger, Forsberg, Merzlikins, Mrazek

Minors: Beecher, Heponiemi, Kulich, L'Heureux, Bellows, Kaut, Lind, Bichsel, Cuelemans, Mateychuk, Samberg, Ingram

2023 Draft Picks: 41st and 59th overall
    2024 Draft Picks: 1 - 1st round (1-20) and 1 - 3rd round (40-60)

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with Stevegamer. If you're looking to move Hall for value, I'd look to grab two assets early in their breakout or on the cusp. Guys like Olofsson, Strome, Bjorkstrand, Dvorak, Hischier, Tatar, Brady Tkachuck, Dubois, etc.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would go after a prospect. Looking for a team that can use Hall for the playoffs and try to get a prospect such as Glass, Frost, Sorokin etc. In our league you could try to get a prospect like that and a pick. You could start by targeting a couple guys that could use Hall and see what prospects they have. If that doesn't work you could send to the league. Personally I find it works better to talk to specific guys who tend to be willing to trade.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks guys, thats some very solid and useful advices! I'll offer him to the top teams of my league

Dobber Sports Padawan

The options you've listed as "young with upside" are players that are already established and have reached levels of "upside", and are arguably more valuable than Hall now. I wouldn't give up Larkin, Point or B Tkachuk for Hall. You need to be targeting prospects or rookies.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports Sophomore

There's a possibility to trade Hall to the owner who has Guentzel. He's a contender and is in need of a boost for playoffs. He also owns Kakko, could probably find someone that'll contribute more than him ROS. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by snipinnpipin View Post
    There's a possibility to trade Hall to the owner who has Guentzel. He's a contender and is in need of a boost for playoffs. He also owns Kakko, could probably find someone that'll contribute more than him ROS. What do you think?
    I like that. If you can give him Hall + another okay contributor and get both, that would be great.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

if you can land Guentzel and Kakko for Hall + another 28+ forward or D...do it...those 2 woudl be foundation for you for years to come....
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Pro

Hall re-finding his mvp form FYI, been watching the yotes lately, and this is on a team without anyone playing at his level. And injury talk on forums about hall get old,
    he’s mostly over 70 games lately except last year. Talent comes through in the end, he was just mvp season before last. He already has 6 goals in 14 games with Yotes, has 6 in 29 with Jersey. Also almost ppg, 13 in 14.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Still haven't traded Hall, Guentzel owner declined. However got Kakko and a pick upgrade for Schenn.

What about if I aim for Dahlin and a lottery pick for Hall? My dmen aren't good.

Dahlin is too high an aim I think. I stand by aiming for Hronek or similar. Good production, not sexy name value.