Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Maple Leafs Recall Rasmus Sandin

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Maple Leafs Recall Rasmus Sandin

He played well from what I saw (had to leave after the first half of the game). But the two primary assists are pretty lucky. He did well to gave the puck on the second, but man, was that a lucky/nice tip by Hyman. He played roughly 16min. So gotta temper the expectations, but he did well.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If you're a Dman starved Leafs fan like me you do anything but temper them.

I'm going with Craig Button who echoed my thoughts that I'm upset Tavares and Hyman stole goals from him. Ha ha.

Focused on the fact he had 1:53 of PP time, second to Barrie. Played one less minute than the "great" Martin Marincin.

Understand the caution. He's a 3rd pair guy who may get bumped now that Muzzin is back skating. However, when I dropped him for Shattenkirk and to see him net two primaries in period 1 was a total thrill. Short-lived and long-term consequence unknown and may be detrimental but what a night.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Padawan

Sandin is really something to watch. I can't remember a young Dman coming to Toronto and having his level of poise. Even Rielly - it took him a while to really find his stride.
    I think Keefe is the perfect coach for him too.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Sandin is really something to watch. I can't remember a young Dman coming to Toronto and having his level of poise. Even Rielly - it took him a while to really find his stride.
    Bryan Berard comes to mind... but that's a long, long time ago.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    He has a little Marner in him from the back end. That calmness, vision, and feel is just something none of the Leafs D have possessed in years. It's a matter of when, not if, with this guy. Hoping when is closer to now but will enjoy the ride wherever it goes with him.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***