Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Maple Leafs Recall Rasmus Sandin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Maple Leafs Recall Rasmus Sandin

https://twitter.com/LeafsPR/status/1...285369856?s=20

The star of the WJC2020 is now back with the Leafs after an 8-goal shellacking at the hands of the Panthers.

Been debating dropping Shattenkirk for over a week, and decided to take the flier on his offensive upside thinking, maybe, just maybe, Tyson Barrie is being dealt.

On an old Leafs note, Tripp Tracy (Canes TV Color Guy) was raving about the light going on for Jake Gardiner in Carolina over this last week saying he finally looks comfortable. Got mentioned a few times, so that former fantasy bust is one to keep an eye on.

EDIT: There's speculation that a shot that hit Morgan Rielly in the foot that caused him to go down the tunnel for a minute might be the reason for his call up. With the Leafs injury luck, I think this is somewhat paranoia as much as it is probability.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Maple Leafs Recall Rasmus Sandin

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    https://twitter.com/LeafsPR/status/1...285369856?s=20

The star of the WJC2020 is now back with the Leafs after an 8-goal shellacking at the hands of the Panthers.

Been debating dropping Shattenkirk for over a week, and decided to take the flier on his offensive upside thinking, maybe, just maybe, Tyson Barrie is being dealt.

On an old Leafs note, Tripp Tracy (Canes TV Color Guy) was raving about the light going on for Jake Gardiner in Carolina over this last week saying he finally looks comfortable. Got mentioned a few times, so that former fantasy bust is one to keep an eye on.
    Only way Barrie gets dealt is if it's D for D.. they need a better skating version of Muzzin in that line up.. Until then Sandin won't get a sniff of PP time.
    I would have held off on dropping Shatty. TB uses him on the PP and he's not going anywhere this year.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

For sure D for D. Clearly a major need but Kyle and Sheldon don't think defense in terms of defense, they think it in terms of offensive failings.

As for the PP time issue. I'm not as sure as you are on that issue. Keefe is an experimenter. Hard for me to believe they're not going to roll him out for a shift, or two, even if it's just late on PP2, especially if Rielly is out.

Shattenkirk has been brutal of late. TOI is down and I saw the midseason guide rankings as well as Dobber's note last night, and coupled with the Sandin news, I had visions of Cale Makar dancing through my head. Bad endorphin rush, for sure, but Sandin will be same age Makar was when the playoffs roll around this season. I know they love him even if Babcock didn't. Just curious if they're going the 10 game route and burning a year of his ELC, or he's a short term fix while Rielly is out or using him as a bridge until Muzzin can get back because it's that dire. I've had Hronek off and on my roster and I'll probably just add him when/if Sandin doesn't live up to these visions in my head. I never make a move without being comfortable with the backup plan(s) if it doesn't work out. Someone will grab Shattenkirk from the wire in my league. It's usually me getting my own guys back, but I have a feeling someone's using a waiver on him.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)

Dobber Sports Titan

With little cap space (just under 2mill in dead line cap space), and Barrie's 2.75mill cap hit, make it prolly the hardest possible trade for the Leafs.

Really, who's looking for a D-man on an expiring deal? Who's looking to move a mobile defensive defenseman at 2.75-4.5mill contract? Is Dubas really going to move Barrie for a better player?

I can really only see a Kapanen/AJ/Prospect deal to bring in a d-man. However, once Muzzin is healthy, I don't know who comes in to improve the team.

Rielly-Barrie
    Muzzin-Holl
    Dermott-Ceci.

Bring in a d-man, to sit Ceci? He's been not bad when in a position to succeed (5/6 dman).

Sandin's promotion is that he's better than Marincin. And the team is not playing well. I really don't see Toronto moving Barrie to bring in a D-man.

Also, Sandin has played 6 games, so maybe he's only up for a quick jolt and they keep him under the "entry slide" games played limit.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Rookie

Reilly out 8 weeks
    C
    Crosby, Matthews, Eichel, Malkin, Bennett, Byfield

LW
    B Tkachuk, E. Kane, B. Jenner, Vrana

RW
    Laine, Tarasenko, Tuch

D
    E.Karlsson, R. Dahlin, T. Deangelo, Byram, Bouchard, Trouba

G
    Bobrovsky, Markstrom, Husso, Georgiev

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by vindigo View Post
    Reilly out 8 weeks
    This changes quite a lot.

Don't think Dermott hops on the top pair, but they don't have many options.

However, they're weak.

So who's going to be there on the top pair with Barrie? Sandin? Marincin? Dermott? Oh god...
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Season saved!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Season saved!
    He'll be for the Leafs what Binnington was to the Blues. I hope.

Sandman never got much of legit shot when he was up at the start of the season. Rasmus got a whopping 12:12 ATOI under Babcock. He's going to get a lot more now. His confidence has to be sky high. He was very upset with being sent down. This is his shot to show they were wrong not to have kept him up with the big club. He had 2 points in 6 games getting that little time.

The best news out of Rielly's injury is this might finally force Dubas to bring in a legit Dman. Rielly has been absolutely brutal defensively this season. In the end, Leafs might be much better for this despite how it looks right now.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Dobber Sports Stud

So... you guys think Sandin is a legit pickup after dropping Rielly, even over Suter, Klingberg, Marino, Fox, Ekholm and Girard? I guess I could take a flier on him and see where it goes. At least 5 of those other guys will still be FA's a week or two from now, although I hate to spend another move if it doesn't work out. Does Sandin get any peripherals? Is he physical, or just an assist and PPP guy?
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by jimc21 View Post
    So... you guys think Sandin is a legit pickup after dropping Rielly, even over Suter, Klingberg, Marino, Fox, Ekholm and Girard? I guess I could take a flier on him and see where it goes. At least 5 of those other guys will still be FA's a week or two from now, although I hate to spend another move if it doesn't work out. Does Sandin get any peripherals? Is he physical, or just an assist and PPP guy?
    I would grab Klingberg of the set.

Sandin isn't exactly a cross-category stat stuffer, and Barrie will likely run the top PP, but that doesn't mean we won't see Sandin put up a few points.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

I love Sandin, but I'd take Klingberg or Fox from that group.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

And now Liljegren has been called up too. Looking through the looking glass of tomorrow...today.

Sandin is quarterbacking PP2 and is 3rd pair with Ceci. That PP2 doesn't get a whole lot of time, but exciting to see them insert Sandin right away. He's their 2nd best offensive option now.

Excited to see Lily get the call up but he didn't get a shot this evening.

Holl and Dermott the top pair? Yikes.

Barrie and Marincin the 2nd pair? Yikes
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Sandin with a primary assist in the first few shifts of the game on a nice wrister from the point redirected by Tavares.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Another primary assist this time on the PP. A beautiful wrister as time was running out after gathering a bad pass and then redirected by Hyman. That's 2-points in period 1 for Sandman.

EDIT: Sandin's production dried up in 2nd and 3rd. Bust. Drop.

Here's what Marner had to say about the young Swede:

https://twitter.com/jccuthbert/statu...435420160?s=20
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3