Thread: Goalie claim : Jarry, Samsonov, others (rep)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Goalie claim : Jarry, Samsonov, others (rep)

Hey!

First league in sig. is going through a roster expansion next year: we will be starting 9F, 4D, and 2G instead of 7F, 3D, and 1G. It's a pts-only league where only wins matter (2pts).

I have a final claim to make for the season and I may choose a goalie to replace an awful Murray. The best goalies available are Jarry (RFA) , Samsonov (0.925M), but also Rask (7M). Other goalies available are either too expensive (Bobrovsky, Price) or not as good (Mrazek, Varlamov, Blackwood).

Finally, I could also go the forward route only if it means I can keep the player. The only seemingly viable choices are W. Nylander, Ehlers, or Rust (lol).

What would you be your choice?
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Goalie claim : Jarry, Samsonov, others (rep)

With a crazy tight cap of $68M, I take either Samsonov or Shesterkin if available.

Shesterkin might just hang on to rookie eligibility for you. Samsonov won't but is also good.

I'd be a bit leery of Jarry's salary number next season to pick him over Samsonov.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Goalie claim : Jarry, Samsonov, others (rep)

Thanks for your answer!

Right, the cap situation might mean I'll go on the cheaper side. It has to be noted though that I think the cap will rise above 80M come next season to allow for the expansion