View Poll Results: Keeper league goalie - Samsonov or Shestyorkin?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsonov

11 61.11%
  • Shestyorkin

7 38.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shestyorkin or Samsonov?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Shestyorkin or Samsonov?

I would drop Bailey - hard to justify given scant production, particularly at that salary
    H2H weekly matchup limited 24 team KEEPER Salary Cap league, goals, assists, wins, SO
    Start 3 LW, 3 C, 3 RW, 6 D, 1 G
    Protect 11 players from 23 man roster each year (projected keepers in bold)

LW N Ehlers, B Tkachuk,LW G Denisenko
    C R Fabbri, F Chytil, J Thornton
    RW T Meier, O Bjorkstrand, F Zadina,
    D C Makar, R Dahlin, Z Werenski, A Fox, J Mahura, Evan Bouchard
    G I Samsonov,

We can only protect 11, and start 1 goalie per weekly head to head matchup, so there will always be one of them on my bench if I keep both. Great in event of injury but probably not the best asset management.
    If I deal one of them for a 1st rd pick, I would probably look to protect either D Evan Bouchard, D Moritz Seider, G Robin Lehner, C RNH, RW Cole Caufield or C Flip Chytil.
    Thoughts?
    H2H weekly matchup limited 24 team KEEPER Salary Cap league, goals, assists, wins, SO

G I Samsonov,

Dobber Sports Initiate

Keep both, whatever you have to do to make it work. That's your elite tandem for the next 10+ years.

Update: I traded him.

As much as I like Shestyorkin, and agree that keeping him was a good option, at the end of the day, I can only play 1 goalie in weekly matchups, and protecting him would mean leaving myself short at another position. I received a 1st, 5th and RW Grundstrom (LA) for Shestyorkin, a 7th and an 8th. Grundstrom is likely to be a drop for me, so it was really about setting myself up in the 2020 draft by acquiring an additional 1st round pick. The first is looking like it has potential to be a top 10 pick.
    I will likely protect Ethan Bouchard, who should be ready for full time work with the Oilers next year, so that should be factored in when evaluating the trade as well, as otherwise he would have been dropped.
    Thanks all for the feedback and advice!

G I Samsonov,

Dobber Sports All-Star

Does anybody here think Shestyorkin has value for the rest of this season? I am in need of a goalie in one of my leagues but I need one who will put up some points this season as I am in second place and pushing hard for a championship.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Wonko, Igor will get you points this season. I expect he should get about 40% of the starts moving forward. I arrive at that by figuring he's good for slightly more than a third now, and over half once they deal Georgiev.

I wish the OP luck with the deal, because you need to hit quickly on that draft pick, or better, trade it away for an actual roster quality player. Caulfield & Seider likely got drafted last year, who you are dropping. So making picks isn't the best way to rebuild in a keep 11, unless you can hit on them and quickly.

Igor's value wasn't only in playing him weekly, it was having 2 young cost controlled goalies for which you can get a player which will help you.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

With the way Igor is playing right now and Quinn saying that they aren't worried about keeping guys sharp and will play the best guy, I could see Igor getting 60+% of the starts the rest of the way if he keeps playing out of his mind. He has taken 3 of the last 4 starts, so he's already above the 60% mark on a small sample size. And he has a 6-1 record with stupid save %...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Shesterkin has been named the number 1 goalie going forward. Not sure if this helps at all but something to think about now.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Shesterkin has been named the number 1 goalie going forward. Not sure if this helps at all but something to think about now.
    Quinn basically said as much after the last game, but it is nice to hear him say it more explicitly. Well deserved and not surprising. Though it would have seemed quite unlikely just weeks ago!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Quinn basically said as much after the last game, but it is nice to hear him say it more explicitly. Well deserved and not surprising. Though it would have seemed quite unlikely just weeks ago!
    But it appears as though Samsanov will be the guy in Washington soon as well; so I'm probably not helping at all haha!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Pro

For what it is worth I own Shesterkin and wouldn't trade him for Samsonov straight up. Probably not even with a nice sweetener coming my way. Rangers are on the upswing and Igor has been a world beater in every league his entire life. Let's compare each of their most recent results in each league:

Shesterkin
    KHL 28 games .953 save%
    AHL 25 games .934 save%
    NHL 7 games .941 save%
    TOTAL 60 games .944 save%

Samsonov
    KHL 26 games .926 save%
    AHL 37 games .898 save%
    NHL 23 games .917 save%
    TOTAL 86 games .911 save%

I realize this is an oversimplification, that all leagues aren't equal, and that save% isn't the end-all-be-all for goalies, but nonetheless it gets the general point across that Shesterkin has been consistently dominant for the past couple of years regardless of which league he plays in, while Samsonov has had more mixed results. I know which guy I'm hitching my wagon to.

Just for good measure I'll point out that Shesterkin has more Goals Saved Above Average (7.98) in 7 games than Samsonov does (4.59) in 23 games. That's an insane 1.14 GSAA per game for Shesterkin vs. .2 GSAA per game for Samsonov.

League in sig. I have to make this exact decision this summer between keeping Igor or Ilya. Was just today offered a 5th for Samsonov +10th.. any quick thoughts on taking it vsm waiting to see how the season shakes out. I doubt I'll be able to move a goalie in the summer, so it's a now or never chance to cash in I believe.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Wow. Very cool. Could you put up a link to that info Mike.
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports All-Star

3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by striderz View Post
    League in sig. I have to make this exact decision this summer between keeping Igor or Ilya. Was just today offered a 5th for Samsonov +10th.. any quick thoughts on taking it vsm waiting to see how the season shakes out. I doubt I'll be able to move a goalie in the summer, so it's a now or never chance to cash in I believe.
    If it's now or never, take the deal, unless you need him to push for a title.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.