Thread: One of The Hughes Brothers or Makar for Mathews?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default One of The Hughes Brothers or Makar for Mathews?

So thats how it goes. I have Both of the Hughes and Makar. an other gm is Offering Mathews for one of them. Witch one do I give up?

Its a Pts only Cap league.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: One of The Hughes Brothers or Makar for Mathews?

Tough to say without seeing your whole roster and league scoring set up. But based on the information in your post, Quinn Hughes and Makar are very similar players, so I’d move whichever of the two you like less.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Sage

The depth of positions and your current roster matters here.

In a bubble move Jack Hughes. A center with lots of potential for the best current 5on5 goal scorer on a good team. Jack is also the least proven at the NHL level so far. Don't think too long on this one as the other guy may come to his senses.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Genius

Yah I move J Hughes here for Matthews.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

The Great One

Hard to say, we don't know your cap situation, we don't know if you have a competitive team, we don't know what your other C's and D's look like. A trade should fit a strategy, and nobody can tell you if there is a strategy to be had without knowing the pertinent details of your team and league.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Depends on the cap rules more than anything for me, but I think I'd lean towards making the deal barring a cap crunch for you, and I doubt you'd be considering it if you literally couldn't absorb the salary.

In a points only cap league I want to move jack Hughes, as I'm not sure he outscores either of the other two guys next year; and they are defensemen. Jack is the high bust risk of the 3, and it's actually not close.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hey peeps,

I dont know if you guys care but I put my league options in my signature. Also I ended up trading Makar for Mathews Robert Thomas and a 1 pick in 2021. He didnt want Jack so i got him to add more for Makar. I plan on rebuilding for one more year. So after that Mathews contract will be down to 10m just like my other big contract player. At this time I dont have any cap room thats why i got Tavares in spares and also why I have a bunch of prospect that dont even play in NHL in the line up.
    Roster 12 Forwards 6 D and 2 Goalies. Also have 2 spares ALL Keepers, Pts only.

Cap follows NHL and we go by total Salary.

Second Rebuilding year.

Forward: McDavid 15m, Mathews 16m, Marner 16m, Rantanen 12m, Aho 12m, Barzal ?m. and 6 ELC Rookies: J.Hughes, Dach, Frost, Zegras, Turcotte, Caufield.

On Def I got: Sergachev ?m, McAvoy 4m and 4 ELC Rookies Q.Hughes, Boqvist, T.Smith and Seider. Goalie: Empty , Demko.

In Spares I have . Tavares 16m and Andreas Johnsson 5m