Thread: Vesalainen upside

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Vesalainen upside

Hi !!

What's your toughts on Vesalainen?? I know he has great talent but what is his realistic future?
    He's having an OK season in the AHL (0.54 ppg) but he is still young (20 yo).

The Jets have a greate top 6, so will he have a real chance to produce (let's say at least 0.6 ppg) in the next 3 years??

I ask that because someone proposed me a trade in a keeper (not the one in sig, but same rules) where I'm actually 2nd : Vesalainen + Montour vs Evander Kane.
    Kane would replace Toews or Gusev on my lineup and add me a bit of depth for the playoffs.

I don't care about Montour but I'm not sure about Vesalainen because I don't have many good young foward in my farm...

Thanks !
    10 teams keeper, keep 23, draft 5
    Weekly lineup (10FW, 5D, 2G) with NHL salary cap
    Goal (1pt); Assist (1); Win (2); SO (1)

FW : J.Tavares, M.Stone, S.Aho, C.Giroux, E.Kuznetsov, V.Tarasenko, M.Tkachuk, B.Marchand, T.Meier, J.Huberdeau, M.Hoffman, N. Gusev, E. Staal, H.Borgstrom, V.Kravtsov, J.Veleno, E.Tolvanen, C.Keller, M.Barzal, J.Roberston, A.DeBrincat, V.Podkolzin, G.Denisenko, A.Kaliyev

D : K.Yandle, S.Theodore, M.Rielly, O.Klefbom, R.Josi, R.Pulock, J.Walman, H.Jokiharju, C.Makar, N.Hagues

G : MA.Fleury, J.Gibson, C.Hellebuyk, E.Merzlikins, F.Gustavson, I.Sorokin

Administrator

Default Re: Vesalainen upside

I think he goes through some growing pains for a few years just like Roslovic and Appleton

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by guinan13 View Post
    Hi !!

What's your toughts on Vesalainen?? I know he has great talent but what is his realistic future?
    He's having an OK season in the AHL (0.54 ppg) but he is still young (20 yo).

The Jets have a greate top 6, so will he have a real chance to produce (let's say at least 0.6 ppg) in the next 3 years??

I ask that because someone proposed me a trade in a keeper (not the one in sig, but same rules) where I'm actually 2nd : Vesalainen + Montour vs Evander Kane.
    Kane would replace Toews or Gusev on my lineup and add me a bit of depth for the playoffs.

I don't care about Montour but I'm not sure about Vesalainen because I don't have many good young foward in my farm...

Thanks !
    if you're competing now... you do this deal. Adding Kane 60ish pts and taking 0 from your line up...
    Let someone else wait on Vesalainen.
    You might be able to turn around and add Jenik (Arz) prospect and replace Vesalainen nullifying any loss.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Star

Vesalainen is a "great NHL body, but hoping that his brain and skill will someday be good enough" guy. I'd rather bank on the highly-skilled but regular or undersized players. Vesalainen's the kind of guy I'd be happy to deal away.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If you are in win-now mode I do not hesitate to move away Vesaliainen. Signs are not pointing to him to being a huge contributor. So maybe someday he contributes as much as E Kane... but why not get the certainty of E Kane production now and go for the win.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Well, I think too that it will be too long before I can really use him.

Deal done !
    Thanks

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by guinan13 View Post
    Well, I think too that it will be too long before I can really use him.

Deal done !
    Thanks
    Good job. Yea, Vesalainen could be terrific, but he’s not going to be on that elite level where you’d consider something like this. All though to be honest, if this is a multicat/banger league, I wouldn’t consider trading Kane for either Hughes, Kakko, Dahlin, Hischier or most other top rookies. Unless of course their name were something like Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid, MAtthews or Eichel. And yes I think even Eichel was that much better a prospect than both Hughes brothers and the others mentioned previously. Kane is just that big a contributor in leagues with HIT, PIM, PPP, SHP, FOWand the usual other cats. He seems usually ranked top 10 to 20 based on average league ranking. So it almost wouldn’t matter if Vesalainen was going to be that good or not.

Of course points only is quite different regarding Kane. But he still gets his goals and some assists in those leagues.

And, unless VESA eventually replaces Wheeler, I assume they’re going to have to trade one of their wingers. Wheeler is 33 but I believe he’s signed until like the 23-24 or 24-25 season. But may e he does retire early or get traded. And Jets desperately need a consistant 2C. Maybe Roslovic down the road, but I think it’s more likely something they acquire through trade or future draft. They could definitely move one of Ehlers, Connor or VESA. Highly doubt they’d trade Laine.

As a Ranger fan, how about our Lias Andersson for your Vesalainen . Heck you can have Strome for Connor.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***