Thread: Murray's Situation

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Murray's Situation

I'm thinking about dropping Murray right now. There's Korpisalo and Merzlikins available in FA. I could drop Murray and get Korpisalo, stack him in IR and get Merzlikins meanwhile.

A good Idea?
    11-teams, 25 Man Roster, points only. G2-W, 3-SO.
    Daily Roster 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 5D, 2G count.
    Keep 14 out of 25 players at end of seasons, 11 go to FA for Draft.

F:Matthews, Nugent-Hopkins, Bergeron, Hall, E.Lindholm, Kakko, Marchand, W. Nylander, Lee, Backlund, Danault, Kovalchuk, Caufield, Kapanen, E. Staal, Kase

D: Burns, Hedman, Krug, Letang,
    G: Holtby, Merzlikins, Shesterkin

Keepers F: Bergeron, Hall, Matthews, Nugent-Hopkins, Marchand, E.Lindholm, Nylander, Kakko D: Burns, Hedman, Krug, Letang G:​ Holtby, Shesterkin,

Picks:1-2-3-4-4-5-5-5-9-10-11

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Murray's Situation

I like your plan if it was a non keeper. However, Murray is a current keeper for you.
    Not sure what the crystal ball has for these G in the future.
    If your in the top few fighting to win, I'd prob do it and then figure out the last keeper after. Could end up being one of the CBJ tendies.
    DYNASTY Cap(127M) 12 Team
    G, A, PIM(.1), positive +/- D only, W(2), SO(2), OTL(1)
    23 + 4 IR + 7 prospects (locked in for season if under 200 GP)
    Start: 11F, 5D, 2G - 82 games each slot

F: Crosby, Malkin, Aho, Rantanen, Batherson, Boldy, Kempe, Pavelski, Duchene, Hagel, Frost [Duclair, Farabee, Jenner]
    D: Fox, Karlsson, Hamilton, Letang, Montour
    IR:
    G: Sorokin, Kuemper[Husso, Kochetkov]

P: Stankoven, Tomasino, Vilardi, Sanderson, York, Zellweger, Wahlstrom
    Roster Cap Breakdown

DYNASTY Cap (110M) 12 Team 2
    G, A, PIM(.1), Positive +/- D only(0.5), Hattie(3), W(2), SO(3), OTL(1)
    League & Roster Info

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The keepers in my signature is not up to date (thinking of keeping Bertuzzi, Girard, Kakko) I'm currently in 3rd place so I want to keep up. I don't mind only keeping one goalie in my keepers aswell...
    11-teams, 25 Man Roster, points only. G2-W, 3-SO.
    Daily Roster 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 5D, 2G count.
    Keep 14 out of 25 players at end of seasons, 11 go to FA for Draft.

F:Matthews, Nugent-Hopkins, Bergeron, Hall, E.Lindholm, Kakko, Marchand, W. Nylander, Lee, Backlund, Danault, Kovalchuk, Caufield, Kapanen, E. Staal, Kase

D: Burns, Hedman, Krug, Letang,
    G: Holtby, Merzlikins, Shesterkin

Keepers F: Bergeron, Hall, Matthews, Nugent-Hopkins, Marchand, E.Lindholm, Nylander, Kakko D: Burns, Hedman, Krug, Letang G:​ Holtby, Shesterkin,

Picks:1-2-3-4-4-5-5-5-9-10-11

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd do that move. I agree that if you have 1 goalie to keep in your league, that's enough.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

I honestly wouldn’t be sure whom to go with between Korpisalo and Merzlikins. A couple of weeks ago I would have said Korpisalo, but Merzlikins has finally started looking like an NHL goalie the past few weeks. Coming into the season I really thought Merzlikins would eventually win out, in part due to ?Korpisalo rarely looking good in previous years. But the way he’s played this season when healthy changed all that. This could be a tandem until one of them leaves or gets traded. Could last a few years even. Worst part is, long term, it might be Vehvilainen who ends up being the future starting goalie in Columbus.

Right now I’d hate owning either of these guys in dynasty or deep keeper because I would feel the need to own all 3 CBJ keepers. I owned Merz at the start of the season in the league in my Sig. I was pretty hyped about him, but really wanted nothing to do with this situation in fantasy. I think like the 2nd or 3rd week of the season I traded Merz and Bemstrom for Farabee. So far so good. Although I still do think Merz can be a very very good starting goalie in the NHL. So maybe I’ll regret selling him low in a few years, or if Farabee busts (don’t think that likely). But at least I don’t now feel the need to pick up Vehvilainen and trade for Korpisalo in order to guarantee that I own the future full time starterfor CBJ. That’s really an expensive and roster clogging situation with no real statistical favorite as far as I can tell. This situation is pretty uncommon, that 3 goalies, all with similar values, similar unknowns, similar potentials and similar chances of winning the job ultimately, are owned by the same club.

As far as Murray goes, I still like him long term. Jarry has been amazing no doubt, but Murray still is a quality starting goalie. I’d expect them to eventually trade Murray if Jarry keeps this up. At least I’d expect them to go with Jarry long term given how good he’s been and his age. Not that Murray is really old, but still.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ugly goal against tonight. The Avs flipped it in from outside the blue line and it bounced in.