Thread: New Penalty Minute Rule

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default New Penalty Minute Rule

I just read that the NHL instituted a new rule this year eliminating the \"gross\" misconduct penalty and making all such penalties game misconducts. I am in a league that counts penalty minutes. I have won the league the past two years and both years won the penalty minute category. Anybody have any idea what impact this rule change will have on penalty minutes, if any? Will 10 minute penalties still exist? How many minutes will a game misconduct carry?
    11 team one year Roto league
    Goals, Assists, PIMs, Wins, GAA
    18 man rosters
    F- Briere, Vanek, Grabovsky, Hossa, Krejci, Lecavalier, Pavelski, Hemsky, Spezza, Konopka
    D- Boyle, Edler, Phaneuf, Subban, Fowler

G- Luongo, Lehtonen, Crawford

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re:New Penalty Minute Rule

Thats a good question, The pools I\'ve done over the past few years havent done penalty minutes so it seems like you know alot more than me about it. But in my opinion with this new rule implied, the amount of 10 minute misconducts or now called gross misconduct will be called alot less than the past years. Id say they should be a bit more than 10 minutes, maybe 20, just casue I dont see all these 10 minutes being called gross misconducts like the rule implies.