Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Samsanov, Vasilevsky

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Samsanov, Vasilevsky

I own both and am contemplating getting a nice haul for Vas as I think 100% that Holtby is gone and Samsanov is the guy next year; maybe even this year if he keeps outplaying Holtby.

Am I crazy to shop Vas and bank on Samsanov? I can't keep both and no one will trade for Samsanov as it's a shallow keeper league so only about 12 goalies are kept. I was thinking to sell on Vas (i know he's a massive stud and it has nothing to do with his slow start) and Keep Samsanov (I have faith he's gonna be real good and 'the guy'). I need to improve my keepers overall and while Vas is the #1 goalie in my eyes, Samsanov is going to be a star in Washington.....

Thoughts??

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Samsanov, Vasilevsky

I think your 100% on Holtby being gone is a lot premature.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think your 100% on Holtby being gone is a lot premature.
    That's the risk. They have to sign Backstrom too though..... predicament for sure

Dobber Sports Deity

Im just not ready to say for 100% certainty that he's gone.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    I own both and am contemplating getting a nice haul for Vas as I think 100% that Holtby is gone and Samsanov is the guy next year; maybe even this year if he keeps outplaying Holtby.

Am I crazy to shop Vas and bank on Samsanov? I can't keep both and no one will trade for Samsanov as it's a shallow keeper league so only about 12 goalies are kept. I was thinking to sell on Vas (i know he's a massive stud and it has nothing to do with his slow start) and Keep Samsanov (I have faith he's gonna be real good and 'the guy'). I need to improve my keepers overall and while Vas is the #1 goalie in my eyes, Samsanov is going to be a star in Washington.....

Thoughts??
    I'm ok with your thought process overall but there are really several parts to this question.

1. What's the overall makeup of your roster, is it win-now or build for the future. Seems like you're building for the future given your willingness to move Vasilevsky and wanting to "improve keepers overall". If that is the case then I'd be willing to move Vasilevsky for a solid package, the problem being he is not playing very well this year so his value is depreciated, if you can get the right package for him trading Vasi makes sense.

2. Keeping Samsonov, you say only 12 goalies are kept, if that is the case is Samsanov in the top-12 right now? I would say not. Again, I'm good with moving Vasi and waiting to see what Washington does, if your keeper deadline is August or later you could wait around and see what happens to Holtby in the offseason, if he goes than Samsanov's value shoots up. If you had to make the decision today I don't think Samsanov becomes a keeper in a league where only 12 are kept.

What kind of offers are you able to get for Vasi is really the question.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

The Great One

It depends on the return. Im really not sure why anyone would trade Vasilevkiy though. Keeper/contender- hes a perennial top 3 option. I dont really feel any motivation to trade him and HOPE for anybody tbh. Its a lot of risk and being clever when theres really no need to. He has a bad year so far but the reality is you have a guy who should be a slam dunk in net in any given season already- not sure why you move a piece like that. My team was Vasilevskiy is basically out of contention and I basically dont even look at offers with his name in it...

Dobber Sports Titan

Some points rattling around in my head
    - I would think they sign Backstrom over Holtby
    - I think Sams is a good goalie
    - I think Sams takes over, but at a 40-50 start rate next yr
    - I think Tampa is stronger than Washington when Vas started vs Sams starting now. Don't expect the same results
    - Vas is still young, and you're not trading an "aging" player
    - Vas is young, and good, and top 3 goalie. Your return could be large.

I would say, moving Vas depends on the return.
    I would say, keeping Sams depends on the off-season. If Washington lets Holtby go, and relies on Copley/Sams, Sams would be a good keep, not great. If Washington signs a 1B starter, I wouldn't even sniff at keeping Sams.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd keep Vasi

I agree Holtby is likely gone but there is the BIG thing of "Vasi already has experience as a starter in the NHL and we know what he can do" where Samsonov is a lot of hype, he will be good for sure, but next season he may be bad as he acclimates to being a starter.

Go with the known commodity over the unknown commodity
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for all the replies.

My team is young but also competitive. It's a pretty basic league, points and plus minus and for goalie, just wins and shutouts (that's why having a goalie on a good team is better than say a Gibson with great numbers but not the wins). I'm out of it for this year; but will be back next year as a top competitor but I am short a keeper or 2 (I won last year and had to mortgage this year to do so but so worth it). So if I can get a stud forward or D for Vas and keep Samsanov, it could really benefit me IF he is the guy next year. My Keepers are all really young so not rebuilding; just retooling. It's a keep 7 league, any 7 players, with 9 forwards (no positons), 4 D, 2 goalies (no bench and no salary cap or term limit on keepers). So guys like Gibson aren't kept but guys like Holtby were this year (again, just wins and shutouts).

I actually did the same thing a few years ago, grabbed vasilevsky when they still had bishop and it paid off large; was kind of seeing the same thing here with samsanov ready to take over and thought it might be a good time.

It's a tough spot to be in but at least I have options.

Dobber Sports Stud

Bump...

Now Holtby is gone, or Washington is crazy.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    Bump...

Now Holtby is gone, or Washington is crazy.
    I ha e Vasilevsky and I just traded Andersen to upgrade keepers and go young. Keep 4, and the return was Svechnikov / Samsonov basically.

I'm keeping both Samsonov and Vasilevsky in a keep 4 so I don't have to participate in the usually 1st round goalie run in our pool.

For your case, depending on the return and how. Lose you are to competing I would be tempted... Have you put any feelers out there?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    I ha e Vasilevsky and I just traded Andersen to upgrade keepers and go young. Keep 4, and the return was Svechnikov / Samsonov basically.

I'm keeping both Samsonov and Vasilevsky in a keep 4 so I don't have to participate in the usually 1st round goalie run in our pool.

For your case, depending on the return and how. Lose you are to competing I would be tempted... Have you put any feelers out there?
    Definitely a few. Vas is still pretty much the only sure thing in the goalie market so have to be sure of any deal.

That's a great deal for you!

Dobber Sports Stud

Holtby pulled, samsanov with the relief win. Unbelievable

Dobber Sports Ace

anyone think they can/would/could move Holtby by deadline during this season?
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    anyone think they can/would/could move Holtby by deadline during this season?
    I don’t think so, I think they want to roll into the playoffs with both
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot