Thread: Dealing Pastrnak to Push for a Win

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dealing Pastrnak to Push for a Win

10 team Roti, keep 10: G, A, PPP, +/-, SOG, PIM, GWG | W, SV%, GAA, SO

In first by 15 Roti points right now and have led by a good margin most of the season. I'm being carried by Pastrnak, Malkin, Carlson, Hamilton, and Kuemper (until injury).

We can carry a max of 4 goalies and right now I've got Hart, Rinne, Saros, and Kuemper (IR). My goalie cats are being buoyed by a high SO count that I don't trust to remain. Otherwise the Nashville tandem has been an anchor and Hart's recent slide isn't helping. Goalies are fickle in general, Nashville coach has just changed, and Kuemper's going to come back soon so being patient is an option but...

With a strong offence overall, I would like to solidify my goalie cats down the stretch.

Been offered Laine and Rask for my Pasta and am considering it.

Very much on the fence here as dealing Pasta in the middle of this season is either a very ballsy sell high or the stupidest thing I could do. I am looking to win B2B here and am okay to make big moves to secure another title - I'll deal with next year, next year.

Thanks all.

The Great One

Default Re: Dealing Pastrnak to Push for a Win

No. If your gonna move Pasta do better than a struggling Rask. Its not the worst trade ever- but for this year its sideways at best and a step back at worst.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If you are trading Pasta, it needs to be a homerun. Laine is a good piece but Pasta will easily out score him this year (or almost every other year) and Rask doesn't play a huge workload until the playoffs which won't help you now. Boston plays Halak a lot. If trading Pasta (which I don't recommend) it has to be a pretty big overpay by the other team to make it worth it. Kuemper will come back and I believe Nashville will play better. I would hold onto Pasta.
    12 team dynasty, weekly H2H, daily starts
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1UTL, 2G, 7 Bench - 23 player roster, unlimited farm system
    Cats - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, Hits, SOG, BS, W, GAA, S%, S and SO

C - Crosby, MacKinnion, Bergeron, Kopitar and Pageau
    LW - Marchand, Pacioretty, Nugent-Hopkins (C) and Vrana
    RW - Stone, Voracek, Duclair (LW), T. Wilson and Tanev (LW)
    D - Hedman, Doughty, Trouba, Weber and Giordano
    G - Holtby, Binnington, Quick and M. Koskinen
    Farm
    Highlights - Cernak, V. Soderstrom, T. Harley, V. Heinola, R. Andersson, C. Garland, C. Grundstrom, P. Kochetkov
    Picks - 2020 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th

Dobber Sports Jedi

Nashville is a really deep team.
    why add another G going through struggles.
    Things can only really go up from here for Nsh's duo.
    Kuemper is your lock... Hart's young, you had to expect ups and downs from him this year.

I would want a second player of Laine's calibre with Rask to do this deal.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks all. A small point to clarify would be that if i added Rask I would likely jettison Saros to FA pile.

But your feedback is landing, and is what I have been leaning towards, which is that the upside of adding Rask is not worth the drop in immediate production between Pasta and Laine, and Laine's mid-term (2-3 years) upside is not close enough to Pasta's to make the deal worthwhile.

Appreciate the thoughts.