Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Shesterkin recalled

Administrator

Default Re: Shesterkin recalled

I'm not a fan of hockey player nicknames but the logical choice here is the Czar.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    How creative. This fanbase’s crowning nickname acheivment is sticking “King” on a guys first name and calling it a day. So I guess Hanks one of the lucky ones and got a prefix.

Perhaps one gets spoiled growing up on John Sterling and following the EPL and “soccer” in general, to really we can do better than this.

How about “Igorgoyle”? Like “gargoyle” but with his name. You know, cause like gargoyles stand guard over entry ways and he’s a goalie? Or maybe just “Gorgoyle”?

Would “Gorgoyle Shiesterkin” be too glutinous?
    I can't tell if you are joking around or actually being serious...

Igor, Shesty or The Czar are all perfectly solid nicknames IMO, without being completely over the top.

Dobber Sports Master

Prince Igor no good? Historical figure.. vodka... heir to the King... it’s too easy no?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'm not a fan of hockey player nicknames but the logical choice here is the Czar.
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I can't tell if you are joking around or actually being serious...

Igor, Shesty or The Czar are all perfectly solid nicknames IMO, without being completely over the top.
    I actually am kind of cool with The Czar or Czar Igor. Can keep it super simple and just go with “Iggy”

Anyway, my previous thoughts on how the Rangers will handle this situation could be out the window. I expected he’d get sent back down after his debut. But they started him the very next game against NJD and he won his 2nd straight, giving up 3 goals again. 2-0 isn’t a bad way to start your NHL career.

Would they really consider keeping him up most of the rest of the season? I mean if he keeps playing like he has Id think they’d a least consider it. And who knows, maybe they’ve been working on something involving Hank or Georgiev and plan to move one before the deadline. Of course Hank would have to ok the move, but Georgiev could be flipped pretty quickly I’d guess.

Could have underestimated how fast Shesterkin’s fantasy/dynasty value will rise. At this rate he’ll cost top dollar by February. Iggy Manhattan has a nice ring to it.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Glad I snagged him at the beginning of the year!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Deity

He's 2-0 to start his career. Not a bad way to go.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

In one of my leagues this is helping extend Georgiev's minors eligibility

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

I actually am kind of cool with The Czar or Czar Igor. Can keep it super simple and just go with “Iggy”
    Would they really consider keeping him up most of the rest of the season? I mean if he keeps playing like he has Id think they’d a least consider it. And who knows, maybe they’ve been working on something involving Hank or Georgiev and plan to move one before the deadline. Of course Hank would have to ok the move, but Georgiev could be flipped pretty quickly I’d guess.

Could have underestimated how fast Shesterkin’s fantasy/dynasty value will rise. At this rate he’ll cost top dollar by February. Iggy Manhattan has a nice ring to it.
    If he keeps playing the way he is playing then I think they will definitely keep him up the rest of the year.

If they promoted him because he was threatening to exercise his right to return to the KHL (which there is no evidence of), then I think they will definitely keep him up the rest of the year.

If he starts playing like crap AND they didn't promote him because they were worried he would return to the KHL, then I don't think he will be up the rest of the year.

Dobber Sports Pro

Hank is starting tomorrow night, and Georgiev is backing him up. Shesty in the press box, not down to AHL. Great news that bodes well for him sticking around for a while.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Hank is starting tomorrow night, and Georgiev is backing him up. Shesty in the press box, not down to AHL. Great news that bodes well for him sticking around for a while.
    Yup. I’m really starting to think the RAngers are trying to shop Georgiev as we speak. The Czar of Broadway, Iggy Manhattan looks like the real deal and the future of the club. If they think he’s ready, I don’t see many reasons to delay his development in the NHL. He’ll get an extra half a season to learn the league. So going into next season, having already learned the ropes, he could hopefully jump right in without having to adjust.

And with Hank nearing the end of his career, Shiesty will get that extra time to be mentored by one of the best. Any amount of time the Czar can learn from the King is precious. So an extra half season would be an invaluable opportunity and worth far more to the Rangers than giving Georgiev more starts before he’s traded. I have a feeling Georgiev will get to know the press box very well while waiting to be dealt.

Not to mention, there have been numerous reports and rumors sending GEorgiev to a few plausible destinations. There seems to be a lot buzz around the Leafs as they would benefit greatly upgrading their backup keeper heading into the playoffs. And I definitely think the Leafs have the assets to get it done. Edmonton and San Jose are also rumored, but they could theoretically wait until the summer to get something done.

It’s probably a long shot, but I’m hoping Georgiev and Kreider get dealt together. The Pens, BRuins and some other playoff teams are rumored to be interested in acquiring Kreider. And while I question if some of those teams have the viable assets to get it done, it’s realistic at least.

IM throwing a theoretical out there but it could be great for the RANGErs if they traded both Kreider and Georgiev to the Leafs. I think Kreider would absolutely thrive in Toronto, giving them some serious physicality, experience and skill in their top 6. And on a team with many young stars,, challenging for a cup, a veteran presence like KREIDER could bring a crucial dimension. And Georgiev would be a needed upgrade backing up in net.

Yes I know it’s a long shot, but still. And in return the Rangers could acquire W. Nylander, Timashov, Mikheylin, Robertson or Kappanen, maybe Liljgren or Sandin and maybe a draft pick or two.
    BUT maybe I am dreaming.

From a fantasy perspective I’d love to see KREIDer and Georgiev get shipped to Edmonton. How great would Kreider protecting McD on that top line and scoring on that PP1? He’s exactly the type of winger that the Oil lack. And Georgiev could be their future starting goalie. In return, maybe the Rangers could take a chance on RNH and Puljujarvi, giving them a fresh start. Wouldn’t mind getting BOuchard, Broberg or Nurse playing in the Garden either. Maybe Benson? Heck, I’d include Buchnevic if Yamamoto came to NY. But yea, this one has almost no chance of happening.

Anyways, Iggy could really be up to stay. Not at all worried about Georgiev factoring in to their decision of whether to keep Shiesty up or not. If the club thinks he’s ready, then Georgiev will have to go to the back of the line.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Igor for me!! The kid oozes talent!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Indeed it could be a good time to buy Georgiev. Even if it’s not with the Rangers, Georgiev looks at worst to be a very good backup. Wouldn’t rule out him finding a starting job eventually with some other team.

I have little doubt Shesterkin will eventually be the NYR #1 netminder and likely a star GK as well. I think top 10 GK long term is very likely. Even top 5 at that.

This may be one of the last opportunities to buy him at a reasonable price in dynasty/keeper. Even if he’s fluctuates between the NHL and AHL the rest of the season, I can’t see many fantasy owners dropping him to the FA pool again. That’s if he were even still a FA in any keepers/dynasties. I’d imagine would be a minority of those leagues at this point.

In one of my dynasties I can’t seem to offer enough to snag him from his owner. Have offered ridiculous packages of like Reinhardt, PUlock and Oettinger, or Oettinger, Reinhardt and a 2020 1st, or even like Keller and Oettinger etc.. and been turned down each time. Tried variations with Campbell or M. Subban instead of Oettinger, or Bouchard instead of PUlock or Kyrou AND Jost instead of Reinhardt. All to the same result. He’s already being treated like a top 10 keeper in some leagues I guess. I don’t blame them.

While Georgiev might be an ok consolation, I do think he’s going to be many tiers below Shesterkin as far as fantasy and NHL standards. And as high as Shesterkin price might be, it’s just going to increase with every call he gets to the Rangers.

Will be interesting to see what happens next season if Lundqvist doesn’t retire. Think there’s about a 0.001% chance Shesterkin plays any AHL games beyond this season.
    I own Shesty in a keeper league and all the stuff you're offering I wouldn't even sniff at, Pulock has been inconsistent at best, Oettinger looks alright but is still a ways out, Shesty has looked better and is pretty much ready now. M. Subban is waiver wire feed, Reinhardt is nice, but a young goalie on a young re-building team, nope. Jost has not looked like a top six player at all in his time in the NHL, Kyrou looks good but man does he have a ton of depth to battle to get playing time, let alone top six and pp.
    Keller, 1st, Reinhardt for Shestyrokin, I would turn that down still.
    Quality >>> Quantity in keeper leagues.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

The Great One

Yup. I’m really starting to think the RAngers are trying to shop Georgiev as we speak. The Czar of Broadway, Iggy Manhattan looks like the real deal and the future of the club. If they think he’s ready, I don’t see many reasons to delay his development in the NHL. He’ll get an extra half a season to learn the league. So going into next season, having already learned the ropes, he could hopefully jump right in without having to adjust.

And with Hank nearing the end of his career, Shiesty will get that extra time to be mentored by one of the best. Any amount of time the Czar can learn from the King is precious. So an extra half season would be an invaluable opportunity and worth far more to the Rangers than giving Georgiev more starts before he’s traded. I have a feeling Georgiev will get to know the press box very well while waiting to be dealt.

Not to mention, there have been numerous reports and rumors sending GEorgiev to a few plausible destinations. There seems to be a lot buzz around the Leafs as they would benefit greatly upgrading their backup keeper heading into the playoffs. And I definitely think the Leafs have the assets to get it done. Edmonton and San Jose are also rumored, but they could theoretically wait until the summer to get something done.

It’s probably a long shot, but I’m hoping Georgiev and Kreider get dealt together. The Pens, BRuins and some other playoff teams are rumored to be interested in acquiring Kreider. And while I question if some of those teams have the viable assets to get it done, it’s realistic at least.

IM throwing a theoretical out there but it could be great for the RANGErs if they traded both Kreider and Georgiev to the Leafs. I think Kreider would absolutely thrive in Toronto, giving them some serious physicality, experience and skill in their top 6. And on a team with many young stars,, challenging for a cup, a veteran presence like KREIDER could bring a crucial dimension. And Georgiev would be a needed upgrade backing up in net.

Yes I know it’s a long shot, but still. And in return the Rangers could acquire W. Nylander, Timashov, Mikheylin, Robertson or Kappanen, maybe Liljgren or Sandin and maybe a draft pick or two.
    BUT maybe I am dreaming.

From a fantasy perspective I’d love to see KREIDer and Georgiev get shipped to Edmonton. How great would Kreider protecting McD on that top line and scoring on that PP1? He’s exactly the type of winger that the Oil lack. And Georgiev could be their future starting goalie. In return, maybe the Rangers could take a chance on RNH and Puljujarvi, giving them a fresh start. Wouldn’t mind getting BOuchard, Broberg or Nurse playing in the Garden either. Maybe Benson? Heck, I’d include Buchnevic if Yamamoto came to NY. But yea, this one has almost no chance of happening.

Anyways, Iggy could really be up to stay. Not at all worried about Georgiev factoring in to their decision of whether to keep Shiesty up or not. If the club thinks he’s ready, then Georgiev will have to go to the back of the line.
    I've read Kreider has a partial no trade clause and he has every Canadian team on his "no go" list.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I've read Kreider has a partial no trade clause and he has every Canadian team on his "no go" list.
    Interesting and a bit dissappointing true. As a Ranger fan I want the best return possible for him and don’t much like what most of the US teams being mentioned have to offer. Ah well, thanks.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by bnet View Post
    I own Shesty in a keeper league and all the stuff you're offering I wouldn't even sniff at, Pulock has been inconsistent at best, Oettinger looks alright but is still a ways out, Shesty has looked better and is pretty much ready now. M. Subban is waiver wire feed, Reinhardt is nice, but a young goalie on a young re-building team, nope. Jost has not looked like a top six player at all in his time in the NHL, Kyrou looks good but man does he have a ton of depth to battle to get playing time, let alone top six and pp.
    Keller, 1st, Reinhardt for Shestyrokin, I would turn that down still.
    Quality >>> Quantity in keeper leagues.
    To be fair, those trades were offered between Mid November no mid December, before the recent revelations and his callup and debut. At the beginning of the year, before he played a game in the AHL, I got him for Phil Gustavsson and Heri Jokiharju in a deep 16 team Dynasty. His value seemed to be gradually rising since August. AS folks started to see him dominating the AHL, his value rose consistant with hype. Then again this happened when he was called up and yet again now that he’s won’t his first two games.

So sure, he’s been highly rated and a dynasty asset for a couple of years now. He had his supporters, detractors and the wait and see crowd. When it became known he was coming over to the US this season, that had also bumped his value. To prior to his debut, he wasn’t much more than a blip on the radar of most owners. A very promising KHL all star, that at 24 was finally coming over, well known but not well studied or experienced at the NHL level. At that point he wasn’t wholly different than Sorokin, Knight, Samsonov from a year ago, Merzlikins, Vehvilainen and Nedeljovic. Sure he might have been rated higher than some of them by some anylists and fans, but nothing was proven or seen by most US fantasy owners.

So yea, no doubt after his last two games, his value is again up. For some it might have already been but I think those are the minority. And I’d consider myself one of that latter crowd. Which is why I’ve been trying to acquire him in all my leagues since the 2019-2020 nhl fantasy pages opened in the summer. And I’ve watched him incrementally rise, as have others, over the course of the last 5 months or so.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.