Thread: Debrincat and rust

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Debrincat and rust

I'm in a dynasty salary cap league with very deep catagories.

I was offered

debrincat+slavin
    For
    Rust+ shea Theodore

What's your thoughts?
    Salary Cap Dynasty League!

Skaters: G, A, +/- , SOG, PIM, PPG, PPA, GWG, HIT, BLK, SHP, TKA, FOW Goalies: GP, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    4 centers: Lindholm - Couturier - Rossi - Cozens
    4 rightwing: Connor - Boldy - Coleman - Nugent-Hopkins
    4 left wing: - Evangelista - Perfetti - Tippett - Toffoli
    6 defensemen: Jiricek - Morrissey - Moser - Forsling - Sanheim - Spence
    Bench: Skinner - Hertl - Stephenson
    3G: Hellebuyck - Shesterkin - Kochetkov

minor league slots :
    F: Reichel - Carlsson - Pelletier - Eklund - Brink - Michkov - Perreault - Stankoven
    D: Barron - Nemec - Nikishin - Poirier - Zelleweger
    G: Silov - Hildeby - Kosolov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Debrincat and rust

I don't trust Rust as a long term elite offensive talent, whereas ADB I do.

I would see if I could get a more reliable offensive bump on Slavin and counter
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm not sure I would even risk countering. That's a steal.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Steal??

I wouldnt counter because I just would have no interest. Rust might be Marchand 2.0 but its hilarious how hes got what- a quarter of a season of this production only? Slavin to Theodore I like but thats a massive drop in forward value long term- DeB a sog pig usually too.

Prediction: Rust scores at close a little above his usual clip from here on out with the pp demotion- say a .65 ppg pace for the next 60 or so- that gives him- so add 39 to 33- so he ends with 70ish (Ill say just under- but you optimists are free to aim higher). At that point he will already have proven hes more of a .65 ppg player (pretty close to his absolute peakI would think) who just had a hot run with exposure to superstars when the team was DESTROYED by injuries. So even though the numbers will point to a 50ish point player people will draft him as the next 70 point break out and spend all season crying "What happened tyo my 70 point Rust??".

I mean its possible hes a superstar who just figured out how to play hocket at 27 despite looking very average since his draft year. Or maybe he just caught a few bounces when injuries forced him up the lineup and exposed him to consistent pp1 time with league superstars.

I had a sell high offer on rust and it was the easiest refusal of the year for me...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Steal??

I wouldnt counter because I just would have no interest....
    Think he's getting Debrincat?
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Titan

Steal??

I wouldnt counter because I just would have no interest. Rust might be Marchand 2.0 but its hilarious how hes got what- a quarter of a season of this production only? Slavin to Theodore I like but thats a massive drop in forward value long term- DeB a sog pig usually too.

Prediction: Rust scores at close a little above his usual clip from here on out with the pp demotion- say a .65 ppg pace for the next 60 or so- that gives him- so add 39 to 33- so he ends with 70ish (Ill say just under- but you optimists are free to aim higher). At that point he will already have proven hes more of a .65 ppg player (pretty close to his absolute peakI would think) who just had a hot run with exposure to superstars when the team was DESTROYED by injuries. So even though the numbers will point to a 50ish point player people will draft him as the next 70 point break out and spend all season crying "What happened tyo my 70 point Rust??".

I mean its possible hes a superstar who just figured out how to play hocket at 27 despite looking very average since his draft year. Or maybe he just caught a few bounces when injuries forced him up the lineup and exposed him to consistent pp1 time with league superstars.

I had a sell high offer on rust and it was the easiest refusal of the year for me...
    I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly, but if I am then you misread the initial post, as he would be selling Rust to acquire DeBrincat. DeBrincat's side being the winning one in my mind, which I think this what you're saying too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

The Great One

Fair enough- dont mind me while I bury my head back in the sand :P

Im just coming out of some funny Rust negotiations. The guy dangling him was rebuilding and Im grinding my way back into conetntion so I thought- yea Rust would be a nice asset. Turns out a lot of people are apparently all good pencilling him in as a ppg now and Im not nearly there. I think hes a 55 point player after this season. In fact I think hes a 55 point pace player if you acquire him today (maybe 60 since hes feeling it). He thought Forsberg was a fair starting point which was a little galling for me- so needledss to say i declined pulled plugs- but then I saw this and obviously read it backwards- haha!

Sidenote: very nice sell high to the OP!! Masterfully done!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly, but if I am then you misread the initial post, as he would be selling Rust to acquire DeBrincat. DeBrincat's side being the winning one in my mind, which I think this what you're saying too.
    Also- if thats the case then i agree 100%

Dobber Sports Titan

Fair enough- dont mind me while I bury my head back in the sand :P

Im just coming out of some funny Rust negotiations. The guy dangling him was rebuilding and Im grinding my way back into conetntion so I thought- yea Rust would be a nice asset. Turns out a lot of people are apparently all good pencilling him in as a ppg now and Im not nearly there. I think hes a 55 point player after this season. In fact I think hes a 55 point pace player if you acquire him today (maybe 60 since hes feeling it). He thought Forsberg was a fair starting point which was a little galling for me- so needledss to say i declined pulled plugs- but then I saw this and obviously read it backwards- haha!

Sidenote: very nice sell high to the OP!! Masterfully done!

- - - Updated - - -

Also- if thats the case then i agree 100%
    All on the same page

I definitely agree that you made the right choice not entertaining discussions for Forsberg.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take DeBrincat/Slavin as offered. You are giving up a bit on D, but almost certainly gaining on F. There's a chance Rust is for real, but we simply don't know right now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Wink Re: Debrincat and rust

Quote Originally Posted by stacey View Post
    I'm in a dynasty salary cap league with very deep catagories.

I was offered

debrincat+slavin
    For
    Rust+ shea Theodore

What's your thoughts?

So update for everyone, ended up talking him down to:

Rust (50% of his salary retained till end of this season)
    for
    Debrincat.

once people found out Rust was on the market I was able to pull off a better deal for my team for the long term.
    Salary Cap Dynasty League!

Skaters: G, A, +/- , SOG, PIM, PPG, PPA, GWG, HIT, BLK, SHP, TKA, FOW Goalies: GP, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    4 centers: Lindholm - Couturier - Rossi - Cozens
    4 rightwing: Connor - Boldy - Coleman - Nugent-Hopkins
    4 left wing: - Evangelista - Perfetti - Tippett - Toffoli
    6 defensemen: Jiricek - Morrissey - Moser - Forsling - Sanheim - Spence
    Bench: Skinner - Hertl - Stephenson
    3G: Hellebuyck - Shesterkin - Kochetkov

minor league slots :
    F: Reichel - Carlsson - Pelletier - Eklund - Brink - Michkov - Perreault - Stankoven
    D: Barron - Nemec - Nikishin - Poirier - Zelleweger
    G: Silov - Hildeby - Kosolov

Dobber Sports Superstar

Good deal for you. Think Debrincat got higher upside.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO