Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Flu

Administrator

Default Re: Flu

I don't think whether or not anyone personally believes in the shot matters. Even if you have it you can still get sick and NHL players are in a tough spot. Tight group, dirty/sweaty/cold game environment, plus the constant travel. That includes time zone shifts, irregular sleep hours, etc.

Flu outbreaks among NHL teams doesn't mean they do or don't get the shot.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Default Re: Flu

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I haven't gotten a flu shot in years, but isn't it kinda common for people to get a bit of a cold after they get the flu shot? It's not the flu, but just a cold?

But lets be real. 23 players/team, 31 teams, 713players, hundreds of staff members, and public interacting with each other, while getting weird sleep. 100% except the 5% (35.65players/yr) of the league to get the flu. Just odd it's typically the top players that seem to get it.
    Yes it is common to show symptoms after getting the shot. One, everyone gets the shot in and around cold and flu season so you could be sick from another virus around the same time. Also, the vaccine is a cocktail of inert viruses, which won't infect you but will cause an immune response which gives you the immunity. That immune response will cause you to show symptoms of varying severity.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg