Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Edition - Dobber WJC Pool

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: 2020 Edition - Dobber WJC Pool

My entry is now sent. Thanks for doing this!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    where are people getting their info on rosters in the meantime before theyre made official?
    hfboards- most WJC team pages have 20+ pages with links...

Dobber Sports Wizard

FYI, up-to-date roster information can be found from here: https://dobberprospects.com/2020-wjc/

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    FYI, up-to-date roster information can be found from here: https://dobberprospects.com/2020-wjc/
    key! thanks!

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Veteran

Submitted. Taking a chance on a write-in. Information conflicted. GL all end enjoy the show!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well, I'm in. For what it's worth. Looking forward to watching the games this year.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    hfboards- most WJC team pages have 20+ pages with links...
    I've also been going to hfboards. Some good info on the European teams but it's been less useful this year than usual. Not trying to give this site a cheap plug, but dobberprospects has had much better stuff than you'll find there. Hfboards helps trying to get a better understanding of team lines and notes from the preliminary games. But don't expect to get any info on who's gonna be starting for Sweden and russia. Nothing on that front.

Steve kournianos has had a nice amount of stuff over at sportingnews.

I thought it would be a slam dunk to go with knight and askarov in net but now I realize it's not simple at all. I think askarov ends the tourney in Russia's net, but how long does it take before he gets the starting job?

I think there's more variety this year than most. I don't expect too many rosters to be all that similar. I don't think there are too many surprise players this year, but there are so many players that are "must pick" guys that many won't get picked. I know I'm gonna have to leave guys I want off my roster, it's just a matter of who at this point.
    Also this is one of the most wide open years we've seen in a while. The top 5 teams have legitimate claims to winning it. Plus you've got the group of death this year. Changes things a lot since the usual powerhouses won't have their 10-1 games to drive up the stats.
    Should be loads of fun. And since the tournament is in Europe, I can actually watch some games this year instead of them starting at 2 in the morning for me!!!

Dobber Sports Immortal

First time entrant! Pumped

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    I've also been going to hfboards. Some good info on the European teams but it's been less useful this year than usual. Not trying to give this site a cheap plug, but dobberprospects has had much better stuff than you'll find there. Hfboards helps trying to get a better understanding of team lines and notes from the preliminary games. But don't expect to get any info on who's gonna be starting for Sweden and russia. Nothing on that front.

Steve kournianos has had a nice amount of stuff over at sportingnews.

I thought it would be a slam dunk to go with knight and askarov in net but now I realize it's not simple at all. I think askarov ends the tourney in Russia's net, but how long does it take before he gets the starting job?

I think there's more variety this year than most. I don't expect too many rosters to be all that similar. I don't think there are too many surprise players this year, but there are so many players that are "must pick" guys that many won't get picked. I know I'm gonna have to leave guys I want off my roster, it's just a matter of who at this point.
    Also this is one of the most wide open years we've seen in a while. The top 5 teams have legitimate claims to winning it. Plus you've got the group of death this year. Changes things a lot since the usual powerhouses won't have their 10-1 games to drive up the stats.
    Should be loads of fun. And since the tournament is in Europe, I can actually watch some games this year instead of them starting at 2 in the morning for me!!!
    As I don't follow this tournament closely, it's the line combination info I find most helpful. And that's the only place I've seen links to actual game line combos. As for the goalies, nobody has a scoop on that any year.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    As I don't follow this tournament closely, it's the line combination info I find most helpful. And that's the only place I've seen links to actual game line combos. As for the goalies, nobody has a scoop on that any year.
    Yup, if you want line combos, hfboards is your best address. I'll second your comment that it's the only place I've found line combos (outside of Canada, obviously). You just might have to do a little digging through the last few pages for each team to find them.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Monster

Looking forward to the pool. Just doing some research right now.

Dobber Sports Stud

Roster sent. Looking forward to this. Best hockey of the year.
    I think we're headed for a USA-Russia final. The two best goalie prospects of the past decade. USA pulls it off.
    Sweden over Canada in the bronze medal game.
    I feel like this is gonna be the lowest scoring world juniors we've seen in a while. The usual powers don't have any easy games (even Germany isn't a cakewalk this year). Sweden and Finland have the easy games, and I don't think Finland's offense will blow anyone out, while Sweden's forwards are not on the level of Canada/USA/Russia. So no Canada 13 Kazakhstan 1 this year to drive up the stats.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    Yup, if you want line combos, hfboards is your best address. I'll second your comment that it's the only place I've found line combos (outside of Canada, obviously). You just might have to do a little digging through the last few pages for each team to find them.
    Line combos have been all over Twitter, you guys should join that if you haven't already. I haven't bothered to share them anywhere else because I just assumed everyone is on Twitter already.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Line combos have been all over Twitter, you guys should join that if you haven't already. I haven't bothered to share them anywhere else because I just assumed everyone is on Twitter already.
    This is where I've been looking and I'm utterly clueless on how to use it. I just follow and read the articles.

The Great One

I'm not on twitter. And yes, on HFBoards the team pages often embed line combos from somebody's twitter. For whatever it's worth, I think you are over estimating your audience re: Twitter. You couldn't pay me to join it, follow anybody, or search for something on it