Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: 2020 Edition - Dobber WJC Pool

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: 2020 Edition - Dobber WJC Pool

woot woot
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Looks like 3 of 10 based on this: https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2021/...juniors-ticket

If anyone has captain suggestions for this year, feel free to pitch in. Same as last year I think with 6 forwards and 5 D that each team will only be able to grab one of.

I'll probably release the template next weekend (18th maybe?) just to have as final rosters as possible (the one good thing about this year is we'll have them earlier?) and then give peeps a week.
    My two cents:

F: Dach, Cozens, Zegras, Raymond, Lundell, Podkolzin

other candidates: Stuetzle, Caufield, Turcotte, Kaliyev, Holtz, Byfield, Amirov

D: Byram, York, Soderstrom, Seider, Mukhamadullin

other candidates: Heinola, Broberg, Sanderson, Drysdale, Harley

Probably a couple others that I missed.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    *wakes up from annual 11 month posting hiatus*

Yeah, should be. Waiting to see if we get more final rosters and if I can scrounge up the energy over this weekend/next weekend. Been busy at work so have been spending free time recharging.

But I haven't forgotten anything, if that's the worry XD
    Nights you are the man!! This is much needed during these crazy times.

The WJC can't come soon enough! Hockey is (almost) back!

Myself and a large chunk of guys from my main league are all very excited to participate in the upcoming Dobber WJC Pool.

Keep me posted!
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    My two cents:

I think Caulfield needs to be a captain, or he'll be on every single roster. I think Heinola should also be a D captain, and Drysdale probably as well, but less crucial. I don't know if Seider is necessary since good chance Germany is out in the quarterfinals and many might not want to waste a spot on a German.
    Mukhamadullin is one of those guys that if he's a captain, no one probably takes him and if he isn't a captain, he's on everyone's team. Kaliyev might be another example. Which is why in a post in another thread, I suggested having two forward captains and one D captain. With different levels of F captains. Such as this, for example:
    F Captain 1: Cozens, Dach, Zegras, Caulfield, Podzkolzin, Raymond
    F Captain 2: Turcotte, Byfield, Holtz, Lundell, Kaliyev, Lundell, Amirov
    D Captain: York, Soderstrom, Byram, Drysdale, Heinola, Mukmadamullin

Obviously, we can switch around the players, but the idea is that F Captain 1 is for the top tier of players, F Captain 2 for the 2nd tier of players. I purposely left Stuetzle/Seider out, since I don't think they'll be on everyone's roster even if they aren't captains. And not sure if Amirov needs to be a captain. I was mostly basing myself off of metaldude's list.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    I think Caulfield needs to be a captain, or he'll be on every single roster. I think Heinola should also be a D captain, and Drysdale probably as well, but less crucial. I don't know if Seider is necessary since good chance Germany is out in the quarterfinals and many might not want to waste a spot on a German.
    Mukhamadullin is one of those guys that if he's a captain, no one probably takes him and if he isn't a captain, he's on everyone's team. Kaliyev might be another example. Which is why in a post in another thread, I suggested having two forward captains and one D captain. With different levels of F captains. Such as this, for example:
    F Captain 1: Cozens, Dach, Zegras, Caulfield, Podzkolzin, Raymond
    F Captain 2: Turcotte, Byfield, Holtz, Lundell, Kaliyev, Lundell, Amirov
    D Captain: York, Soderstrom, Byram, Drysdale, Heinola, Mukmadamullin

Obviously, we can switch around the players, but the idea is that F Captain 1 is for the top tier of players, F Captain 2 for the 2nd tier of players. I purposely left Stuetzle/Seider out, since I don't think they'll be on everyone's roster even if they aren't captains. And not sure if Amirov needs to be a captain. I was mostly basing myself off of metaldude's list.
    You might be able to say this about Caufield too. I dont see many taking Caufield for a captain, but who knows.

I like Steve's suggestions.

There's always going to be guys who will be on everyone's rosters so you probably cant avoid that. It just makes the other picks that much more important.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Nights, how many players were on 90+% of submissions last year?

EDIT: If that's easy to look up

I think 1F and 1D are enough captains but that's just my opinion.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Initiate

My two cents:

Swap Heinola for Shakir and I would agree with this.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by watchingthegame View Post
    Nights, how many players were on 90+% of submissions last year?

EDIT: If that's easy to look up

I think 1F and 1D are enough captains but that's just my opinion.
    I mean it all depends on how we define easy (I love speadsheets so I define 5 minutes as easy, and these are like 2 minute jobs because I've set it up for this stuff already).

With 44 rosters last year, there were 3 players on more than 39 rosters (39.6 being 90%) - Caufield (2), Kupari (0, inj) and Knight (2). If you lower to 80%, add Miller (2) and Veleno (6) to the list. I'd like to add the winner last year only had 3 of those names, and based on those point totals you can see why they won.

If we keep that 80% mark (80%):
    2019=20: 7 players over 30.4 (of 38) rosters in 2019-20 (of which Hughes, Bouchard, and Jokiharju were part of, with a D Captain system only 1 of them probably make it)

2018-19: 7 players over 24.8 (1 at 31) (again, 3 D in Fox, Heiskanen and Dahlin)

2017-18: 4 players over 27.2 (of 34 teams) (3 D - McAvoy, Sergachev, Juolevi).\

Based on that, I agree with you (and my initial instinct) which is we don't need to add another F Captain slot. I think the D captain slot should stay based on the above, but if we only really have 4-5 players who are overwhelmingly represented (80%+) on rosters (along with the fact that the 5th-6th captains usually wouldn't outproduce some of the lesser picked players, although I didn't drill the numbers for that one), I think that's fine. I get that we're on a forum for fantasy hockey nerds, but the WJC is a light-weight fun way to get an eye on some of the top prospects without having to go knee deep in research. At least that's how I see this one and how I want to keep it.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Administrator

My two cents:

Looks like Seider is not playing so he's out.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg