Thread: Bertuzzi Up/Down with Rise of Zadina

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Bertuzzi Up/Down with Rise of Zadina

JUst curious, now that it looks like Zadina will stick around, and Fabbri found his game, how does this effect bertuzzi?

Are folks as high on him still long term dynasty? Is he likely to end up a 3rd liner?

If Detroit moves anyone, id expect it to be AA. That still leaves Mantha, ZAdina, Fabbri as top 6 Wingers. Where does Bertuzzi fit in? Kind of concerned about him. Especially in years to come.

Would you trade Kreider for him in dynasty multicat banger? Kreider useful with hits and PIM, But disappoints with goals and assists.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Bertuzzi Up/Down with Rise of Zadina

Well you only listed three top six wingers so that leaves a spot for one more. I think Bertuzzi sticks there nicely.

If if the Wings dont move AA, I dont see him overtaking Bertuzzi in the top six.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The Red Wings have SEVEN... count 'em... SEVEN!... arb-elig RFAs this coming summer.
    They've got four dinosaurs on defense going to UFA.
    And one brand-spankin'-new high-profile GM (Yzerman).
    One thing is assured about EVERY new team GM - they are going to try to change-up as many pieces as possible to make the team as much "THEIRS" as they can.

A LOT of things are about to change up on the Wings.
    Zadina is a top line player... so say goodbye to Bertuzzi up there. I also don't see Bert holding his spot on PP1.
    Biggest issue, IMO, is that Bert isn't a player that will produce well without talent. And DET has no line2 talent right now.

I think we'll see Yzerman signing guys that are willing to take a hit.
    A guy like Fabbri... I think he'll sign for maybe 2yrs x $1.5m.
    Mantha they'll pay the big bucks for. Probably have to shell out a 7x$6m for him.
    But Bert... based on previous years performance he'll have big demands... but Yzerman knows that he's been the 3rd wheel.

I think Yzerman takes a major run at Alex Pietrangelo... 7x$10m, something like that, something STL can't match.
    A veteran defenseman on that Wings team is really going to help the long-term development of Hronek, Seider, Cholowski, and McIssac.
    They simply can't let those guys be surrounded any longer with Ericssons and Daleys.

[Interesting note: When Bertuzzi scored 91pts with the Guelph Storm, Robby Fabbri also played partial-season on that team.]

Dobber Sports Ace

IS Zadina def a a 1st line player? I think he’s def a top 6 forward, but have reservations about proclaiming him a guaranteed 1st line player. Relative to bertuzzi though, he prob is.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri

Dobber Sports Deity

If there's one thing Bertuzzi has shown so far in his NHL career, he doesn't look out of place on that top line. He brings a different aspect to the line, much like Zach Kassian brings to the McDavid line. Just because he's not your typical "high scoring" forward doesn't mean he won't be a top six forward. The other thing to take into consideration is the Head Coach. If Blashill holds his job, I can see him sticking with Bert up there. If he loses his job, then who knows what a new coach will implement. Stevie Y is the GM but the coach makes the lines.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Newbie

Bert is an excellent hockey player, a guy who can play up and down the lineup. As the Red Wings improve and some of the young guys start to reach their potential, Bertuzzi will move off that top line and down into more of a shutdown role (ala Kadri in Toronto after Matthews and JT arrived).

In other words, he's one of those guys who is a great player, but probably won't be a great fantasy player.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Bertuzzi is a burgeoning net front pest and he can play 20 minutes with Larkin and Mantha forming one of the better lines (at least it was last year) around the league. I don't really see them taking away from one another; he's not losing a powerplay spot to him. Right now the guy under threat would probably be Fabbri.

Ultimately I think Detroit really needs another top centre to either push Larkin into being a top 2C in the league or give them a 1A 1B situation. If I'm thinking about where Zadina fits, eventually it would be with whomever their newer top six centre will be. The team is in full on tank mode - Byfield could end up in the mix, you never know. Maybe in a couple years we see a new top line with Zadina on it while the Larkin line does more of the heavy lifting?

I say all this despite Detroit running these lines recently:

Bertuzzi Larkin Fabbri
    Mantha Filppula Zadina

Dobber Sports Deity

The Wings definitely need another top six center. They arent easy to find. Could Joe Veleno be that guy? Probably a couple years away from really finding out and to be honest, he's probably the best hope they have in their system right now.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The Wings definitely need another top six center. They arent easy to find. Could Joe Veleno be that guy? Probably a couple years away from really finding out and to be honest, he's probably the best hope they have in their system right now.

Was actually surprised they went with Seider in the draft over some of those Centers that were available. But I guess Seider I saw working out thus far, as in he’s looked legit. So can’t complain about the pick. Just think they needed the center more than aD.

And ultimately, I think Fabbri could really surprise and end up with Mantha as their 1st line wings long term. With Zadina on the 2nd line, maybe with a guy like Bert. Zadina looks good, but min still not completely sold on him when he doesn’t have ave their ever puck and in his own zone. His skating maybe could use some work. I really think fabbri has looked more the 1st I be part so far. BUt as others said, Bert could play any line really, so wouldn’t be surprise don’t if he ultimately ended up on the 3rd or 4th wit his a different role.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.