Thread: Max Jones of Anaheim

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Max Jones of Anaheim

Hoping I can get some more info about Max Jones.

He's been added to a trade offer I received. Don't know much about him.

He is 21 yrs old. Nothing I've come across had him part of Anaheim's top 25 prospects.
    Played 23 games so far with 3g & 2. That goes with his 2g & 3a from 30 games last season.

Any info would be appreciated
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Max Jones of Anaheim

I think that Jones has consistently been one of ANA's top 10 prospects for the past couple of years. DobberProspect's table of ANA prospects has nine guys ahead of him for fantasy upside. https://dobberprospects.com/team/anaheim-ducks/

Depending on league size, Jones is probably worth considering now only if your league counts Hits/PIM. He's more Lucic than Nylander. Like most big-bodied guys, Jones will take longer to become what he will be. And he may not be a top 6 guy; it wouldn't be hard to see him eventually be a 3rd liner with some scoring upside.

If your league is 12 teams or smaller or doesn't use Hits/PIM as scoring categories, I wouldn't go out of my way to acquire Jones or put significant trade value upon him. He'd be a guy I'd monitor and see if/when Anaheim gives him chances to succeed.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    Hoping I can get some more info about Max Jones.

He's been added to a trade offer I received. Don't know much about him.

He is 21 yrs old. Nothing I've come across had him part of Anaheim's top 25 prospects.
    Played 23 games so far with 3g & 2. That goes with his 2g & 3a from 30 games last season.

Any info would be appreciated
    Did you try Dobber Prospects?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Superstar

14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

So the original offer with Max Jones is there.
    However a new offer has come in that still involves Jones.

To me: T Bertuzzi, M.Jones, and a 2021 1st round pick

To him: T. Hertl and his 2020 3rd round pick

Any thoughts from the nation?
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun

Dobber Sports Star

If your team in your sig is the team in question, Jones isn't going to be a significant improvement on any of the forwards you already have. Your adversary wants you to put value on him, but I'd tell him that in evaluating his offers, Jones contributes nothing to the deal.

With that, I can't tell what the difference is between a 1st and a 3rd round pick. Is that a rookie draft pick? Redraft after keepers? What kinds of players are usually available at each spot?

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't like this for you at all. Hertl is by far the best player in this deal. You need way more than Bertuzzi and Jones coming back. Not even close IMO. Walk away from this one.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    If your team in your sig is the team in question, Jones isn't going to be a significant improvement on any of the forwards you already have. Your adversary wants you to put value on him, but I'd tell him that in evaluating his offers, Jones contributes nothing to the deal.

With that, I can't tell what the difference is between a 1st and a 3rd round pick. Is that a rookie draft pick? Redraft after keepers? What kinds of players are usually available at each spot?
    1st round pick in 2021 will include any players who play enough games (usually 15 or more) during the actual 2020/21 NHL season.
    If guy hit a milestone(plays all of his 22 games) during our season they get a bonus pick to use between 1st & 2nd round or they can get 2 extra roster spots and $2 million in cap space.

His 3rd pick he wants back will mostly likely be either 2nd last or last pick of 3rd round (He's currently 1st in our league).
    Without use of bonus pick, award money, a typical roster protection of 28 players with a cap of $63 million

Yes this is for my team in signature