Thread: Jones vs Murray

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Jones vs Murray

So in one league my goalies are Holtby, Lehner and Jones. I had a free spot cause of a player on IR so i grabbed Jarry off FA at the start of his run. Now Murray got dropped and I am considering dropping jones and running with those 4 if I can claim Murray off waivers. Cats are W, GA, SV, SHO. I figure I can always drop one later if I really need to. What do you guys think?
    20-team dynasty cats League, Daily sets
    25 keepers, 2 rookies
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,GWG, FOW, Hits, BLKS, SOG, Goalie starts,GAA,SV%,SVS,W,

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

D: Dunn, Moser, Matheson, Mintyukov

G: Binnington, Fleury, Forsberg, Dostal, Rittich
    NA: Sogaard, Denisenko, Annunen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Jones vs Murray

I'd prefer Murray+Jarry over Murray or Jarry+Jones. Owning Holtby and Lehner you have plenty of volume so I think Jones hurts you more than he helps. Getting all 82 Pittsburgh starts > whatever Jones gives you.

How deep is your league? If it's 14+ teams I'd try to trade Jones+ and upgrade a player then add Murray, although seeing that Murray was dropped I assume it's a shallow 8-12 team league. Also, depending on the league, you may not need Lehner if you're carrying Holtby, Murray, and Jarry.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by TheMule_91 View Post
    I'd prefer Murray+Jarry over Murray or Jarry+Jones. Owning Holtby and Lehner you have plenty of volume so I think Jones hurts you more than he helps. Getting all 82 Pittsburgh starts > whatever Jones gives you.

How deep is your league? If it's 14+ teams I'd try to trade Jones+ and upgrade a player then add Murray, although seeing that Murray was dropped I assume it's a shallow 8-12 team league. Also, depending on the league, you may not need Lehner if you're carrying Holtby, Murray, and Jarry.
    it is a 12 teamer. I'll have to drop one of Krejci or lehner once Edler is healthy, so we'll see. I'm leaning towards krejci as Lehner still nabs me points even through a bad game, and Krejci is just not doing anythign since being taken off the top line.
    25 keepers, 2 rookies

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stefan17 View Post
    So in one league my goalies are Holtby, Lehner and Jones. I had a free spot cause of a player on IR so i grabbed Jarry off FA at the start of his run. Now Murray got dropped and I am considering dropping jones and running with those 4 if I can claim Murray off waivers. Cats are W, GA, SV, SHO. I figure I can always drop one later if I really need to. What do you guys think?
    Why would someone drop Murray in a 12 team league? Even if he does lose his starting spot, he still has tons of value.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think you could do well with Holtby, Murray, and Jarry. Lehner should provide value with spotty wins, decent GAA, and a LOT of saves. Does someone own Crawford? That could be an opportunity to move Lehner and upgrade a skater.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agree with this. Having Holtby and all of Pittsburgh starts is a great base for goaltending. I'd keep Lehner as well. Not sure Jones has any trade value in a 12 team league currently. Only thought is hold him for the new coach rebound and then try and move him but even that seems unlikely.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think you could do well with Holtby, Murray, and Jarry. Lehner should provide value with spotty wins, decent GAA, and a LOT of saves. Does someone own Crawford? That could be an opportunity to move Lehner and upgrade a skater.
    Nope, he's an FA. I think I'll do the swap. I've already put in my claim but its only 11, so hopefully I will get Murray! I'll have a look at who needs a goalie and offer up lehner
    25 keepers, 2 rookies