Thread: Trade Offer

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Trade Offer

I am based in the UK and a group of 10 friends of mine started a fantasy hockey league this season. We have set it up a jus a one season deal for the moment.

I have been offered the following trade and would like to know people thoughts:-

My
    Marchand
    Gaudreau
    burns

For

Laine
    Hall
    Reinhart

What you think?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Trade Offer

Welcome to the forums.

Can you offer some more details about your league. Is it a points only format or is it a multi-cat format? If multi-cat, what categories do you use? H2H, points or roto format? What does the rest of your roster look like? How many do you start at each position (or do positions even matter)?

Sorry for all the questions, but this looks like a pretty big offer and the more details you can give, the more accurate answers you will receive.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Recruit

It’s a points only draft single season league
    10 team
    18 man squad
    6 forwards
    6 dman
    2 goalies
    4 benched

My squad
    Couture
    Skinner
    Pageau
    Marchand
    Dadonov
    Miller
    Rakell
    Gaudreau

Burns
    Barrie
    Makar
    Graves
    Gustafsson
    Hronek
    Chara

Hellebuyck
    Gibson
    Korpisalo

I’m very new to the fantasy league scene. First season we have done one.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I wouldn't but Its awesome you are based in the UK ...I went to Aberdeen last year and it was the greatest thing ever.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think I would hold what you have as well. This is already a little bit of a step back, and that's with Gaudreau and Burns sluggish out of the gate.

It's not a bad offer, but not enough that would tempt me to make this trade.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thanks for the opinions. My only thoughts are if Hall gets his trade then his point can go through the roof especially if the rumour of him going to the avs are true

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lankymidgit View Post
    Thanks for the opinions. My only thoughts are if Hall gets his trade then his point can go through the roof especially if the rumour of him going to the avs are true
    True, but we havent seen the best of Burns and Gaudreau either. The trade could go either way. I just dont think there's enough to tempt me to make me do this trade. A lot of big names none the less.

Dobber Sports Superstar

The UK! Awesome!

While this is not a bad offer, it's not enough IMO. If Burns and Johnny Hockey get things going then that side of the deal is, I think, the better of the two. At best your going sideways, but if your guys turn things around (which is likely what the other GM is thinking) then you likely take a step back. I'd hold. BTW, a lot of folks think the coaching change is going to help turn things around in SJ, and this absolutely includes Burns.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Superstar

The big thing here is that it is 6F vs 6D in this league. That is a HUGE shift towards defensemen value, meaning giving up Burns here is the big issue. It's a BIG NO for me because of this.

If you guys continue with this league, look to shift your player allocation more towards Forwards. On a typical NHL team, you have 12F & 6D. From a fantasy perspective, it's usually 6F & 3D that are relevant, so you should look to shift you're league to a similar distribution of double the forwards to defenseman.

To use this as an advantage in your league, try to move some of your better forwards for better defensemen (which is what I think this guy might have been shooting for). Chances are you will have a better shot at replacing the F you move out with a guy closer in value while I bet that the waiver wire for Defensemen is VERY thin.