Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Give up on Gusev?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Give up on Gusev?

piggy backing off this...Gusev recently got dropped in my league. Would you take a flyer on him over:

1) Dustin Brown? Brown is still locked in on line 1 and PP1...just on the kings...
    2) Niederreiter? He's still getting time with Aho and PP time, just a matter of time....right?

Or Gusev?

just for ROS. not as a keeper.

?
    Weekly H2H 4gm/week 14 Teams,21 Player roster+3 protected prospects
    20wk Reg season+3Rd of Playoff
    Keep 10

G+A=1pt, Dman G+A=1.5pt, PPG=1pt, PPA=0.5pt, SHG=1pt, SHA=0.5pt, ShootoutG=0.25pt, GWG=1pt, Hatty=3pt, DMan Hatty=5pt, +/- (For D only)=+/- 0.5pt, W=2pt, L=-1pt, OTL=1pt, ShootoutL=0.5pt, SO=1pt, S=0.1pt, GA=-0.5pt, Goalie Goal=5pt

Play 2C 2LW 2RW 3F 3D 2G
    C:Zibanejad Stamkos Schmaltz
    LW:Panarin Kaprizov Bunting Barbashev D.Strome
    RW:Keller Terry Necas Kakko Raddysh
    D: Carlson Theodore Morrissey Matheson
    G:Vasilevskiy Sorokin Merzlikins Johansson
    Prospects: Miroshnichenko Dostal Commesso

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by burespaghetti View Post
    piggy backing off this...Gusev recently got dropped in my league. Would you take a flyer on him over:

1) Dustin Brown? Brown is still locked in on line 1 and PP1...just on the kings...
    2) Niederreiter? He's still getting time with Aho and PP time, just a matter of time....right?

Or Gusev?

?
    I would add him and drop Brown

Dobber Sports Immortal

Gusev is saving my life right now

Dobber Sports Stud

Or Gusev?

?
    I'd take Gusev over these two players right now.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Monster

Or Gusev?

?
    probably would swap him in for Nino. I feel Brown still has a use assuming you have peripheral categories..

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

When I dredged up this old thread, I noted Goose was PP1. He wasn't yesterday. I watched about half the game thinking I had him in my lineup but then realized I pulled him out due to the matchup with Boston. He wasn't PP1 vs. Bruins and I don't know if I'm going crazy, but I was certain I saw him PP1 vs. Leafs, or following game which caused me to make a move back to him. Not sure I want him if he's going to be PP2 and with lesser wingers at even. His deployment needs to be what I thought it was or I can't see him sustaining this wave even though he's been doing it for awhile.

Anyone paying attention to Devils games, like me, that confirm or refute my craziness?
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Administrator

Stop over-analyzing!

His game log tells the story. Sometimes he's on PP1, sometimes he's not. Seems to be doing just fine despite not being a staple on the top unit.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

I'm trying but that's the fun of this for me.

From PP1 to PP2 is a wide chasm.

Thank you for proving to me I'm not losing it. I could've sworn I saw a 3F 2D look vs. Boston on PP1 and the forward group didn't include Goose.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm having a re visit here. Man, was I wrong!! Amazing how the departure of Hall has affected the Devils. Both Gusev and Hischier are rolling. Even PK has woken up. Gusev has gone PPG over the last 10 and has a +/- of 1. So, I'm probably wrong again, but I think we are now seeing what a lot of folks expected out of Gusev, a PPG player. He seems to be figuring out the NHL game and he is now getting opportunity and the coaches confidence and this kid can play. I have him one of my pools where I'm rebuilding, I really had nothing to gain by dropping him although I considered it.....some times you get lucky (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Master

Gusev is making slick plays all night; scored a beauty called back for interference (cheap call) and made a heck of a play for the devils’ second goal. Playing well right now for sure.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    I'm trying but that's the fun of this for me.

From PP1 to PP2 is a wide chasm.

Thank you for proving to me I'm not losing it. I could've sworn I saw a 3F 2D look vs. Boston on PP1 and the forward group didn't include Goose.
    Not always. Sometimes lines go into the blender, as do PP units. Also, you sometimes see a PP awarded when guys normally on PP1 are finishing a shift, so PP2 comes in, and scores, so PPTOI gets confusing. Also, some temas split PP units more evenly than others.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Gusev is making slick plays all night; scored a beauty called back for interference (cheap call) and made a heck of a play for the devils’ second goal. Playing well right now for sure.
    Here's that beauty of a goal called back. Didn't like this call at all...

https://twitter.com/NathanGraviteh/s...186930690?s=20
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Administrator

The NHL... 60% of the time they get the call wrong every time

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

I started this thread a few weeks ago and ended up swapping Gusev for Eric Staal. Now that Gusev is heating up, I’m wondering if I should drop Pavelski or Staal for him?

Pavelski is having a terrible year so far, but there’s a chance he could rebound in the second half which is why I’ve held on to him. Thoughts?
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Master

So far including tonight. He has 8 pts in 5 games. Since he got back into the lineup in early November he has 31 pts in 51 gp I believe... with the 8/5 now.. Not bad...