Thread: Nylander

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Nylander

As someone accurately predicted on these forums, nylander has gone mia again, lol. Was on a mod 60s pace and is now on a mid 50s pace. Seems to be Marner/Tavares/Matthews getting the pts. Never expected Keller to be out producing Nylander since I acquired the latter.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Nylander

There is hope. Dubas can no longer blame the shortcomings on Babcock. Now, it's either him or the players, and it's a guarantee it's the players in his mind. Someone has to go for back end help. I thought maybe they were trying to feature Kappy to make him the sacrificial lamb, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Nylander.

Hold out hope Nylander gets dealt and his head goes more into hockey and less into being a fashionista.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Deity

Put him on your trade block to see if you can get a Leafs homer to bite and overpay for the name. Then again, looking at your forum name, you could be that type of guy too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Put him on your trade block to see if you can get a Leafs homer to bite and overpay for the name. Then again, looking at your forum name, you could be that type of guy too.
    There's a lot of Leafs homers who can't stand 88 but that advice is exemplary! I hope you can pawn him off.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Pro

I do want the leafs to do well, but not as much of a die hard since I moved to Alberta. And he was part of a package that I received, I’ve only had him a couple weeks lol. Not looking to move him already, just hope he picks it up soon, he’s got the talent and deployment. So even if you were going to try and mI’ve someone, you don’t do it while they’re cold lol. You guys know that Im not looking to move him, just understand better why he’s frustrating to own.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Jedi

just last week there was an article of how Nylander was living up to his promise of dominating the opposition.

Cold streak
    Hot streak
    Cold streak
    Hot streak
    currently cold streak.

as soon as he has another 4pts in 4gp he'll be back on a 60pt pace. Fluctuations happen during the season. dropping from a 65 - 55pt pace in the span of 5 games isn't a big deal. if he drops to a 45pt pace over the next 10 games.. then perhaps ring the bell.

Just look at Keller who has 8pts in last 8gp and averaging 4.25 sog/gm. Streaks happen.
    Patience with young players must be practised.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

The interesting thing with Nylander is he's not like a main option on the PP, so he won't get those opportunities to the same degree as Marner/Matthews/Tavares even though he's on the PP1. But he's option 4 for the forwards.

When he's hot, the Leafs will role JT and Matthews line just back to back, when he's cold, Matthews gets bumped up to the JT/Marner line. Leaving Nylander with lesser line-mates. And watching Nylander, he's gotten his shot off the wing in back to back games going off the goalies stick, which is quite a lucky save.

He'll roll, he'll stumble, it's just the deployment of Nylander. He'll finish between 55-65pts, but it'll be a frustrating ride. Unless there's an injury vaulting Nylander up the depth chart.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

The other night in Vancouver early in the game he was in very good shooting position twice that I saw and he chose to pass to a player in a poor position. Then he basically disappeared. I need him to reappear so I can move him. Let’s go 88.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Strome, Haula
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Svechnikov-RW/LW, Hathaway
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Benoit, Schneider, Burroughs
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White