Thread: Now and the future

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Now and the future

Multicat salary keeper league in signature. One goalie start per day. Unlimited starts per week.

I own:

Varlamov
    Mrazek
    Saros
    Jarry
    Primeau
    Husso

I am competing this year, but need to make some decisions. I obviously have to many goalies for this format. Especially with the emergence of Jarry and Primeau. Jarry and Primeau are minors eligible. Who would you keep this year and the future. Who would you try to trade? Or, wait until next year?
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Now and the future

I would see if you can get anything at all for Husso. if he`s not minors eligible. he`s just a drop at this point.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Definitely keep Saros, Mzarek, and Varlamov. Move Primeau down to minors. Trade or get rid of Husso. Play Jarry by ear 3rd shutout in 4 starts. Keep him up as long as he's playing well and playing lots.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Husso is a pure drop, IMO.
    Binnington now has Matt-Murray/Cam-Ward status (young goalie wins cup).
    That buys him a good 3-4 years entrenched as #1 for his team.

NYI is playing too well to drop Varly, even with NYI's "every-other-start" for him/Greiss.
    Mrazek has to be kept since he's CAR #1 and CAR is good.
    Obv - Jarry is a must-keep the way he is playing.
    Primeau too, if you can stash him in minors.

The wildcard here is Saros.
    Pekka Rinne is pretty much the face of Nashville hockey... he has two years left on his contract.
    But his numbers finally seem to have hit a wall.
    IDK... not sure on him yet... tough call there.

But do cut Husso & keep the rest... for now.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    The wildcard here is Saros.
    Pekka Rinne is pretty much the face of Nashville hockey... he has two years left on his contract.
    But his numbers finally seem to have hit a wall.
    IDK... not sure on him yet... tough call there.
    Saros really is an unknown. Ever since Rask took over in Boston, Saros was the best backup goalie in the league. He was definitely drafted ahead of some starters. That mantle right now goes to Halak. Part of it is how good Boston is, part of it is that Preds are no longer the defensive stalwart they were and part of it is Saros' performance. Last 2 years he has really just been average and sometimes bad.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Husso is a drop, unless you can get something useful for him, which is unlikely.

I'd plan for Primeau & Jarry to take up minors slots for you in offseason. Primeau can sit there for now if that helps.

Everybody else is too useful to simply drop. If you can make a deal which helps you, that's great, but it may be tough.
    Last edited by stevegamer; January 6, 2020 at 9:00 PM.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just bumping this again to see if there is any more opinions a month later. Jarry will not be minors eligible soon. Thus, I will have Mrazek/Varlamov/Jarry/Saros as active goalies with one start per day. My team is contending, but i am weak at D and C. I am contemplating a few things:

Do i try to trade a goalie for a D or C? If so, who to target with the aforementioned goalies?

Do i try to trade one for Matt Murray, in order to corner the market on Pittsburgh goalie starts? Or target Greiss/Reimer in the same scenario?

Or just stay put with what i have?
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    Just bumping this again to see if there is any more opinions a month later. Jarry will not be minors eligible soon. Thus, I will have Mrazek/Varlamov/Jarry/Saros as active goalies with one start per day. My team is contending, but i am weak at D and C. I am contemplating a few things:

Do i try to trade a goalie for a D or C? If so, who to target with the aforementioned goalies?

Do i try to trade one for Matt Murray, in order to corner the market on Pittsburgh goalie starts? Or target Greiss/Reimer in the same scenario?

Or just stay put with what i have?
    I like dealing one for a skater. Which one depends on return. Do not target Murray, since Greiss or Reimer will be cheaper, if you go that route, and then you likely will still be at 4 goalies, just with a locked in tandem. I'd prefer to move Saros for some kind of skater help of your list. I really like him, but it's tough holding 4.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.