Thread: Matt Murray

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Matt Murray

Would you take Alex DeBrincat for Matt Murray 1for1 in a dynasty.

Not team in sig, 16 teams still and my team is in a full rebuild, same stats as league below though
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Matt Murray

Depends.
    Start 1G... prefer Debrincat
    Start 2G... prefer Murray

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Depends.
    Start 1G... prefer Debrincat
    Start 2G... prefer Murray
    Start 2G but I have Sorokin and Samsonov in the minors for the future (rebuilding right now so willing to pick up a rubbish backup to meet the number of starts per week)
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Dobber Sports Deity

What does the rest of your roster look like? Did you read the lastest on Sorokin where his KHL team is trying to sign him again long term? He might not be coming to the NHL anytime soon if that happens. Im not counting on him for anything until he comes over here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    What does the rest of your roster look like? Did you read the lastest on Sorokin where his KHL team is trying to sign him again long term? He might not be coming to the NHL anytime soon if that happens. Im not counting on him for anything until he comes over here.
    I didn't see that, darn I have Sorokin in both leagues haha.

Rest of my roster is average, no where near playoff hopeful (currently bottom). Lot's of good minor players though but the big active players I have are

Trocheck, McDavid, Dahlin, Werenski, Rakell, McAvoy then I have a few ok like Lindell, Murray, Smith, Carlo then the rest are filled out with good young players like Donato, Steel, Comtois, Lindblom, Bratt and then some players not currently playing like big buff (hoping he'll come in and i can flip him for something, helps with my tank also) and Jesse Pully.

Dobber Sports Deity

So is Murray and Smith all you have for goalies on your main roster?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Right now yes, Quick, Anderson and Howard all on waivers

Dobber Sports Deity

At this point, I think I'd just hold Murray, especially with whats available out there. Yikes.

Dobber Sports Stud

I would keep Murray. In a 16 team league goalies carry extra value. A few years ago I went through a rebuild and sold off all my goalies for young players/picks/prospects. I had the same plan as you to just run with crappy backups and waiver fodder until I was ready to compete, at which point I figured I could just acquire a couple goalies and be good to go. Let me tell you, it was HARD to get those goalies and I had to pay a king's ransom to do so. Young goalies always seem to take an extra 2-3 seasons to become starters and a lot of them never do. Murray is still very young, I'd hold him as your building block unless you get blown away by an offer.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks guys! much appreciated

Dobber Sports Initiate

For a young starting goalie on a championship potential team in a 16t dynasty league that starts 2 G, you have to charge a king's ransom in a trade. If you get that, then you should trade him. If not, then keep him.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Giant

id probably keep him. but if i was trading him id ask more. let the league know your looking to trade him.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO