Thread: If you have Gru, Handcuff yourself to Francouz

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default If you have Gru, Handcuff yourself to Francouz

A couple of weeks back I asked about him, Reimer or Allen for the ROS. I ended up going with Francouz merely because he had a game that night and I like the team playing in front of him, but also because I felt that there is a reason why Grubauer has never played more than 40 games in a season. You can blame it on guys better than him being ahead of him on the depth chart or injuries...but, ultimately, no matter what the reason, you are what the back of your card says you are. With that in mind, if you own Gru, you haveta handcuff yourself with Francouz. He's not a kid at 29 but has good international experience. Like Mikko Koskinen last season with the Oilers, there is concern for him also to be playing more than 40 games as the international seasons aren't that long and you fear the guy will hit the wall hear with a starter's slate of games. However, all things considered, he is a must for a Gru owner.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: If you have Gru, Handcuff yourself to Francouz

Especially after the game last night. I am trying to find a way to grab him, but just don't have the room and can't run 5 goalies.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I run zero goalies in my points only league, but am playing a guy who, for the 2nd time I've faced him, had a guy pitch a shutout giving him 8 points from that position. As much as I hate goalies in fantasy, I decided to add Francouz before the Philly game due to Avs history with Flyers. Nearly got the shutout until Giroux spoiled it late. If Grubauer remains out he has a juicy matchup vs. the woeful Devils on Friday so I'm hoping he gets that start, too.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    I run zero goalies in my points only league, but am playing a guy who, for the 2nd time I've faced him, had a guy pitch a shutout giving him 8 points from that position. As much as I hate goalies in fantasy, I decided to add Francouz before the Philly game due to Avs history with Flyers. Nearly got the shutout until Giroux spoiled it late. If Grubauer remains out he has a juicy matchup vs. the woeful Devils on Friday so I'm hoping he gets that start, too.
    Luckily, I had Giroux last night too! When you have opposing skaters and goalies you pray to the hockey gods that your goalie wins 3-2 but your skater gets the 2 goals on him. Nothing worse than when everyone on the opposing team lights up your starting goalie but the one opposing guy you have had no points, no shots and a minus 3.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    Luckily, I had Giroux last night too! When you have opposing skaters and goalies you pray to the hockey gods that your goalie wins 3-2 but your skater gets the 2 goals on him. Nothing worse than when everyone on the opposing team lights up your starting goalie but the one opposing guy you have had no points, no shots and a minus 3.
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one making these prayers.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    Amen to that! Giroux's late tally cost me 4 points. I just wanted to get back the 8 points my high-powered opponent who is a game ahead of me in the standings but 95 points back of me, got from Bishop's SO the other night. Half way there...livin' on a prayer.

Hopefully, Francouz starts even with Grubauer officially back for Friday and the Devils don't have a Giroux and give me that shutout I'm lusting after. It cost me Dylan Strome potentially for the ROS to get Francouz. Normally, I don't chase points, but I was down 12 and I didn't like Thursday night's matchups for my boys. I'm in 4th and final playoff spot right now and he has tie-breaker over me right now, so I feel like I need this one badly.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Initiate

Any chance Francouz steals the starting gig in Colorado? Larkin got the Day to Day tag yesterday so I moved him to IR+ and grabbed Francouz for today's game. Given my other 4 goalies, Francouz doesn't make my roster unless he becomes the starter. He might be trade bait - doubt it considering he was still on the WW/FA list.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

I doubt Francouz becomes the starter this year. He's a capable goalie but he'll backup Grubauer. I think we could see him get some non B2B starts to rest Grubauer in the 2nd half of the season depending where Colorado sits in the standings.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Fran starting tonight and Grus been good to go since Wed..