Thread: Sharks - I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Sharks - I'll Rep

Thoughts on the firing of DeBoer and Boughner becoming head coach, and what implications this might have on the Sharks, fantasy wise?

Meier had just gotten onto PP 1 as of last night, and Hertl was on PP 2 although could be more to do with Hertl playing hurt, and trying to jump start the PP.

Daily faceoff had Kane on 2nd PP, but that wasn't the case.

Florida had the 9th most goals scored last year, but the 4th most given up.

DeBoer was known to play a defensive system, and I know same with Montgomery in Dallas who was just fired, but can't just assume after a coach gets fired the team will open it up more.

San Jose scored a ton of goals last year, so not saying DeBoer is super defensive, but San Jose isn't run and gun either.

I'm hoping Meier gets 18+ minutes, and more looks on PP 1.

Boughner rode the top guys hard on Florida last year, over 22 minutes a game for Barkov as an example.

Mind you it seems this is probably an interim type deal, so hopefully if they bring in a full time head coach it'll be good fantasy wise too. I hope it's not a Babcock type guy.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Sharks - I'll Rep

If this shakeup does not give the Sharks a jolt then the next jolt is going to be a major roster shake-up(s).
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hopefully this greases the wheels to get some of the younger guys playing more. If they can't be good, they need to at least work the baby sharks angle.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

As far as fantasy implications...

- SJ has a PP% in the bottom third in the league. This has to change for the Sharks to have more consistent success.
    - SJ has played shorthanded more than any team in the league (thou, they do have the best PK% in the league). This has to change for the Sharks to have more consistent success.
    - SJ has the 29th GAA in the league and the 28th best SV%. This has to change for the Sharks to have any success at all.

I'd be looking at SJ coaching to try to get them to stay out of the box more and the new coaches to try to figure out a way to make Jones/Dell better statistical goalies. Brent Burns is -21 while Vlasic is even. I think you see these two partnered up again.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    As far as fantasy implications...

- SJ has a PP% in the bottom third in the league. This has to change for the Sharks to have more consistent success.
    - SJ has played shorthand more than any team in the league (thou, they do have the best PK% in the league). This has to change for the Sharks to have more consistent success.
    - SJ has the 29th GAA in the league and the 28th best SV%. This has to change for the Sharks to have any success at all.

I'd be looking at SJ coaching to try to get them to stay out of the box more and the new coaches to try to figure out a way to make Jones/Dell better statistical goalies. Brent Burns is -21 while Vlasic is even. I think you see these tow partnered up again.

Some great thoughts there Moses. Hopefully someone on the San Jose coaching staff reads Dobber Forum posts
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen