Thread: Dumba vs Pionk

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Dumba vs Pionk

is it finally time to cut bait on Dumba here? Have the ability to pick up Pionk as a FA. Team in sig

Other FA options are:
    Risto
    OEL
    Ekblad
    Subban
    Morrissey
    Gustafsson
    Fowler
    Goligoski

thanks
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Dumba vs Pionk

As bad as he’s been I still rather dress him over any of the others. Manny starting to put wins together
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ddp View Post
    As bad as he’s been I still rather dress him over any of the others. Manny starting to put wins together
    who knows if he's fully recovered from his injury. Nice profile on him on Dobber today but if Risto or Ekblad are available, I'd drop him and not look back.

Dobber Sports Superstar

He's not a keeper for you so that helps the decision. This is points only, so we are looking at scoring and SOG. Ekblad, Fowler and Pionk are all solid options. If Arizona picks up the scoring, even Goli could become an option. I would be inclined to do this, I'm not sold on Minny turning things around significantly nor am I thinking Dumba markedly rebounds either. My options in order would be Pionk, Ekblad, Fowler and Goli. Hope this helps, good luck.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I dropped Dumba and ironically so for Pionk 2 days ago. I saw, today, Byfuglien is back on speaking terms with the Jets and wonder about his potential return and that minimizing Pionk down the road when I'm going to need him most.

https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/statu...369168902?s=20
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Pionk since that spot won’t be a keeper
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    I dropped Dumba and ironically so for Pionk 2 days ago. I saw, today, Byfuglien is back on speaking terms with the Jets and wonder about his potential return and that minimizing Pionk down the road when I'm going to need him most.

https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/statu...369168902?s=20
    I wouldn't concern myself with that anytime soon. If and that's a big if Buff returns, well, cross that bridge when you come to it.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Rookie

Ekblad, Pionk, and I also like Fowler but I am a Ducks fan in my opinion would be better options than Dumba.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

look to trade dumba for a pick? then pickup pionk? somebody will still value dumba as a bounce back. i would have a hard time outright dropping him.

I'm a little surprised nobody I've seen, anywhere, is preaching things will turnaround for him. All that TOI, shots, etc. I realize he's not been the same guy post-injury, and may still be injured, but his deployment would typically be indicative of a guy who should eventually correct. His SH% is less than half of his career average. His PP TOI is the highest of his career and a lot of his metrics appear in line with career averages. You would think he should be considered a big-time buy low.

He's a guy I dropped but have thought about re-adding every single day since. I check all the time to see if someone else has grabbed him, and, as of yet, they haven't. If I had more than one move left for the week, I'd have brought him back by now. Hoping he stays stone cold until Sunday, where I can get him again, if I don't panic too much and waste my final move of the week beforehand.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    I'm a little surprised nobody I've seen, anywhere, is preaching things will turnaround for him. All that TOI, shots, etc. I realize he's not been the same guy post-injury, and may still be injured, but his deployment would typically be indicative of a guy who should eventually correct. His SH% is less than half of his career average. His PP TOI is the highest of his career and a lot of his metrics appear in line with career averages. You would think he should be considered a big-time buy low.

He's a guy I dropped but have thought about re-adding every single day since. I check all the time to see if someone else has grabbed him, and, as of yet, they haven't. If I had more than one move left for the week, I'd have brought him back by now. Hoping he stays stone cold until Sunday, where I can get him again, if I don't panic too much and waste my final move of the week beforehand.
    Just a heads up for those with Dumba interest. He's likely going to be on the 3rd pairing going forward as Spurgeon is most likely going to return to action tonight and the Brodin/Soucy pairing has been one of the best in the NHL since they started playing together. Dumba actually was replaced by Brennan Mennell on the top pair for the 3rd period 2 games ago and him and Suter were terrible again last game.

Not sure what's going to happen with PP time but Spurgeon was practicing on PP1 yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Just a heads up for those with Dumba interest. He's likely going to be on the 3rd pairing going forward as Spurgeon is most likely going to return to action tonight and the Brodin/Soucy pairing has been one of the best in the NHL since they started playing together. Dumba actually was replaced by Brennan Mennell on the top pair for the 3rd period 2 games ago and him and Suter were terrible again last game.

Not sure what's going to happen with PP time but Spurgeon was practicing on PP1 yesterday.
    It is worthy to add that Dumba was also hurt two-games ago.

https://twitter.com/DaneMizutani/sta...096897024?s=20
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Min 8 goals and no points for Dumba. Wow.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by renello View Post
    Min 8 goals and no points for Dumba. Wow.
    Typical. I read Boudreau say the other night after he got an assist that he thought it would loosen him up. He proceeded to miss on a wide open net after that and Boo said he was holding his stick too tight. That is rolling on. If/when that next one comes, I'm going to add him. I thought I was going to do it before that, but I've eaten enough goose eggs for breakfast with him for now.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3