Thread: A loophole in Yahoo's IR policy

Dobber Sports Stud

Default A loophole in Yahoo's IR policy

I accidentally discovered a little loophole that is benefitting me this week, big time, as I go up against the #1 team in my league.

I had both Kassian and Backstrom out last week. Each had been on IR, DTD or OUT for a couple weeks but both seemed close to returning. I really did not want to make a drop to activate them both because I really didn't know when it would all shake out. So last week while they both still had Yahoo DTD or OUT status in our IR+ league, I set my lineup for a week in advance, rostering one to active and the other to IR+ depending on who had a game that night. Fortunately for me, they mostly played on opposite nights. To my surprise, on Monday morning when they both were put back to "active" by Yahoo, all of the changes for this week stayed intact! I'm essentially gaining an extra player all week - one night it's Backstrom and another night Kassian. I'm getting them both on my roster this week and did not have to drop anyone. In his first game back I had Backstrom active and he got a goal and an assist. Last night I had Kassian and he had two goals and 14 PIM. Not complaining! I only wish I'd saved the roster for three more weeks. Then I could have banked on someone going DTD/IR by then and still not have to drop anyone.

Hope that helps someone in a similar situation!
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: A loophole in Yahoo's IR policy

I feel like there's a thread on this that pops up once a season. Some people know about it, and use it occasionally, but depending on your league setup, you can actually be losing out because it means you don't have any opportunity to stream players or get in that extra pick up right at the end of the week. I've tried it once or twice but usually find that I end up having to make a move mid-week, and then have to go through five days worth of rosters to fix them all to make one add.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

Yahoo IR+ workaround thread from last year.

It's a hole that Yahoo will plug one of these days but it's been around for years. Just more prevalent now I think with the IR+ designation in use.

Dobber Sports Monster

My league commish got so mad at me for setting this up during the preseason for the first week of the season that we're cutting down our IR+ spots to combat it next year hahaha.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ninja

It only works until you're forced to make a roster move or want to add someone off the wire. But yes until that point it is a nice loophole.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!