Thread: Buchnevich

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Buchnevich

Is it time to move on? Once again has been productive when put with good line-mates and getting PP time but has now been demoted to a 3rd line with no PP time.

Would one of Donskoi, R. Strome, Pageau or Burakovsky be an upgrade in points only league?
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Buchnevich

I'm in the same boat... He's a bit of an enigma. It seems coaches don't seem to like him too much, or something.

At this point, I'd try upgrade for one of those guys you've listed.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Superstar

7 team league - I would grab donskoi for now as long as with MacKinnon, maybe look at streaming this spot if he cools down as they won't be keepers for you.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Sage

I dropped him 2 weeks ago (league in signature). In shallower leagues he's a stream spot when his schedule is favorable or his deployment gets better. I'd move on and keep an eye on him. Donskoi or Strome are better short term options imo.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Limited trades (5 free agents left till nhl trade deadline and 5 moves with farm team till end of season) If I drop him I can't pick him up again this season. So mostly wondering if I risk dropping him for someone like Donskoi.

I could move up D. Strome in his place but I'd rather trade for a free agent than lose a move with my farm team because those last till end of season.

Other options that would probably get me less points but clear up cap room for Crosby's return in place of O'Reilly would be getting Beauvillier, Jarnkrok or Thomas.

In first right now but looking to stay ahead of the pack!
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

Dobber Sports Padawan

Reminds me of Teravainen. The Rangers, like Chicago did with TT, are completely wasting a talent here. They'll drive his value into the ground and then ship him off somewhere where he'll thrive. I hope anyway. In one of my keepers where I hold him, I'm holding stubbornly.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like Beauvillier to keep up his pace, and if that helps you get Crosby back in lineup when he returns without having to jump through hoops, I'd lean towards that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I've been holding stubbornly but am ready to pull the trigger. Only thing is I'm hesitating between a few options. Here they are, any help on making the right choice would be greatly appreciated.

1) R. Strome : last year of a $3.1M so would not be a keeper
    2) E. Staal : $3,25M for another year but don't see him being a keeper
    3) Zadina or Thomas : Very low salary that could become a keeper because I have lots of big contracts to protect.

In 1st now and pretty confident about winning this year.

Keepers : McDavid, Eichel, Crosby, Pastrnak, Huberdeau, J. Hughes, Carlson, Q. Hughes, Hronek and Hart. That's already around $59M in salary for only 10 keepers. (20 players starting lineup count towards nhl cap)

Am undecided about last 2 keepers (1 forward and 1 d). Maybe take a chance on Boqvist for next season at his very affordable salary!?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinxyz View Post
    I've been holding stubbornly but am ready to pull the trigger. Only thing is I'm hesitating between a few options. Here they are, any help on making the right choice would be greatly appreciated.

1) R. Strome : last year of a $3.1M so would not be a keeper
    2) E. Staal : $3,25M for another year but don't see him being a keeper
    3) Zadina or Thomas : Very low salary that could become a keeper because I have lots of big contracts to protect.
    I'm unsure which of Zadina or Thomas is the right answer for you, but I feel it's one of them.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

I’ve never liked Buchnevic as a Ranger fan. Always seemed one dimensional and soft. Don’t like how he fits with some of our better players either. I keep hoping we trade him before his stock really drops. Anyway, I think the Rangers have far better options at forward in the future. Specifically Chytil, who still might end up at wing, and hopefully Kravtsov eventually. I’ve thought this was coming for a long time.

With that said, I prefer Thomas. Zadina has been better than I’d thought he’d be so far. I still think he will end up a good but not great player. Upper tier 2nd liner, average 1st liner. He can definitely score and make plays. Points should be there, I’d say he can be a 60 to 70 point player eventually, but I don think much like the rest of his game. Especially without the puck and his skating. He’s not a terrible skater but not great either and looks slower than I remember.

That could eventually effect his play time and ability to put up points. Here as I think Thomas is a better all around player with a similar offensive potential. I actually think Thomas is the more creative player. Zadina has a better shot, but he’s kind of dimensionally limited in that regard. I actually prefer Fabbri as far as young Det wingers. Assuming Mantha and Larkin are two of their future 1st line forwards. The third spot could go to Fabbri, Zadina or even Bertuzzi in the long run. Either way, I see Mantha and Larkin being the more stable 1st liners.

One things for sure Zadina is no Chytil! Lol. I’m sure I’ll get a lot of laughs and slap back. But I really do think Chytil will end up being the better CZech named Filip. Even if they do end up putting up similar point totals. I’ve seen absolute genius out of Chytil in small doses in the NHL. If they bring him along properly, watch out. Superstar stud. Zadina, meh. Can’t beleive there was ever anyone questioning whether he should have been picked over Svechnikov. Was as crazy then as it seems now.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)