Thread: Defensmen-Questions

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Defensmen-Questions

Dear dobberheads

In my dynasty-league my D-players are worse and worse. Dahlin alone won't help out. So I'm thinking about changing my Defensive-Corps. Hence I'm thinking about
    1. Trying to do a Trade Ekman vs Barrie (the other player is not desinterested, since he needs more hits)
    2. Trading away kakko for one of the young new Defenders like Q. Hughes/Heiskanen. (Makar is off boards I think )

What do you think? Other good Ideas?
    those are the available free-agent Defensmen (Makar und Hughes are obviously not available)
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-11 um 11.37.11.pngBildschirmfoto 2019-12-11 um 11.37.11.png

Thank you
    Sam
    12 Team H2H Yahoo Dynasty league 24 Players (4 LW, C, RW, 6 D, 4 Reserve 2 Goalies)
    G, A, FOW, PPP, PIM, Shots, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, GAA, Shots, Save%, Shutout

Plus: Yearly 2 Prospect-Picks, on which you have the rights for 3 years. Maximal 6 prospects overall

C:, Eichel, Pettersson, Bennett, Cates
    RW: Marner, Rantanen, Stephenson, Blais, Coleman, Killorn
    LW: Gaudreau, Panarin, Kaprizov, B. Tkachuck, Guentzel, E. Kane
    D:E-Larrson, Trouba, McAvoy, Dahlin, Ristolainen, Walman, Matheson
    G:Hellebuyck, Sorokin, Saros

IR:
    Forsberg, Kaprizov, Chabot

Prospects (right now not in the Team): Q. Byfield

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Defensmen-Questions

I think I would grab Orlov over McAvoy, and then just be patient.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont know how well McAvoy ranks in your league but he's name value more than actual. I'd try making a trade to move him out along with a forward for a better D. I like guys like Pelech, Mayfield and Demelo more than McAvoy in this type of setup.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Do NOT drop McAvoy.
    Torey Krug is UFA this summer... if he chooses to sign elsewhere... those juicy PP1 points are going to Grzelcyk or McAvoy.
    McAvoy is actually VERY solid in Hits/Blks... he's got 64/61 in 31gp... which is 2 each, per game.

Personally, I think your team is FINE.
    In H2H with Hits/Blks... I like to roster guys on D that give me those stats.
    In a 6D format... if you roster two low-BLK guys like Makar & Q.Hughes... you probably aren't winning that cat in H2H combat.
    I really don't advocate "punting" a full weekly category in H2H unless you are already very light in a given category.

Also... you forwards are very skill-heavy and light on HITS... so you NEED to rake those from your D.
    I personally think your team is absolutely fine.

Here's something to check.
    Look at your Yahoo! Standings, there's a drop down that says "Current Standings".
    Click that and click "Head-to-Head Stats".
    Then click "Totals".

Then post your lists for all your cats so we can see where you total up compared to other teams.
    IF (big IF) you have a massive amount of excess HIT & BLK... then you can cut one of your gritty D.
    But that's the starting point for thought towards lightening up your D-corps.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Then post your lists for all your cats so we can see where you total up compared to other teams.
    IF (big IF) you have a massive amount of excess HIT & BLK... then you can cut one of your gritty D.
    But that's the starting point for thought towards lightening up your D-corps.
    I know this about Mcavoy, but he didn't get the PP-Minutes when Krug was injured. concerning the totals: im winning hits right now (but had N. Ritchie at the beginning of the season on the team). 8th on Goals (hope with the young offensive-guys and kaprizov, this will go up) second in assists and +/- (which can change rapidly) , 7th in PIMS, 6th in PPP (last year was much better), 6th on shots, 10th in blocks. I was thinking about giving up the blocks-section and compensating with the other categories.
    12 Team H2H Yahoo Dynasty league 24 Players (4 LW, C, RW, 6 D, 4 Reserve 2 Goalies)
    G, A, FOW, PPP, PIM, Shots, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, GAA, Shots, Save%, Shutout

Plus: Yearly 2 Prospect-Picks, on which you have the rights for 3 years. Maximal 6 prospects overall

C:, Eichel, Pettersson, Bennett, Cates
    RW: Marner, Rantanen, Stephenson, Blais, Coleman, Killorn
    LW: Gaudreau, Panarin, Kaprizov, B. Tkachuck, Guentzel, E. Kane
    D:E-Larrson, Trouba, McAvoy, Dahlin, Ristolainen, Walman, Matheson
    G:Hellebuyck, Sorokin, Saros

IR:
    Forsberg, Kaprizov, Chabot

Prospects (right now not in the Team): Q. Byfield

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm guessing Makar & Hughes aren't available for some reason, since they aren't on your list.

You lack grit, and there are a few ways to get it: you can get multi-cat D beasts, you can get solid multi-cat F, and you can add physical only D.
    I think you can work a few of these avenues.

I'd look to move Voracek for a guy like Benn or Coleman who can help you much more in the grittier cats and give up little or nothing in scoring cats. Alternatively you can pick up point-per-game (I am not making that up) Antoine Roussel or a someone like him - he's going to cool off the points pace though.

If you could move a Chabot for a Provorov type of younger defender that may work. Hronek in Detroit is likely to be unleashed now that Cholowoski has been demoted, and he might be cheap. McAvoy is more hype than production in poiints leagues, but he's decent enough in multi-cat.

Lots of physical only defenders, if you want one, look for good schedules coming up with lots of games.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.