Thread: Drop advice for Bailey/labanc?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Drop advice for Bailey/labanc?

My current roster and format is in my signature. Bailey, Labanc are available. I'm carrying an extra d with Graves the recent pickup due to the good off day schedule for Colorado (also relevant for Calvert). I'm dead last in plus minus so I have chara and marino. Should I move one of marino, chara or graves for a forward? If so Bailey seems like the obvious choice. Will labanc have a good second half?
    25 man roster, 15 keepers
    G, A, POINTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG for Skaters.
    W, GAA, SV%, SO for Goalies

Forwards
    Gaudreau (lw/rw), Guentzel (lw/rw), Panarin (lw), Vrana (lw), Couturier (c), Teravainen(lw/rw), Suzuki (c/rw), Mangiapane (lw/rw), Boldy (lw/rw), Beniers (c) , Sharangovich (c/lw/rw), Mercer (c/rw), E. Kane (lw/rw), Barbashev (c/lw/rw)

Defense
    Carlson , R. Andersson, Liljegren, Giordano, J.Sanderson

Goalies
    Samsonov, Merzlikins, Nedelijkovic, Luukkonen, Francouz, Forsberg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Drop advice for Bailey/labanc?

Also Niederreiter is available and now on the top pp?
    25 man roster, 15 keepers
    G, A, POINTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG for Skaters.
    W, GAA, SV%, SO for Goalies

Forwards
    Gaudreau (lw/rw), Guentzel (lw/rw), Panarin (lw), Vrana (lw), Couturier (c), Teravainen(lw/rw), Suzuki (c/rw), Mangiapane (lw/rw), Boldy (lw/rw), Beniers (c) , Sharangovich (c/lw/rw), Mercer (c/rw), E. Kane (lw/rw), Barbashev (c/lw/rw)

Defense
    Carlson , R. Andersson, Liljegren, Giordano, J.Sanderson

Goalies
    Samsonov, Merzlikins, Nedelijkovic, Luukkonen, Francouz, Forsberg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Drop advice for Bailey/labanc?

I spent a portion of yesterday trying to decide if Niederreiter was worth keeping around. Dynasty + cap we don't have much available either but Bailey was the guy I was considering swapping him out for.

Nino was reunited with TT and Aho a couple games back and now has a goal and 2 assists to show for it. They're paying the kid for the next 3 seasons, so to help him find success seems to be in their best interest and last year that's where he found it.

I'm going to keep Nino for now.. he still has upside for another 20G this season if they keep him with this line and PP1. His leash may be short, and the lines may be blended.. but the same could be said for Bailey.

Problem with Bailey is that he doesn't shoot (pacing for 98 SOG).. so you're almost completely reliant on the production of his linemates. At least Nino shoots and throws in a mix of peripheral stats here and there.

As for Labanc.. he's very much like Bailey.. and last year most of his assists were secondary.. so those were coming down no matter what.

Go with Niederreiter for now and reassess if his line/ice time changes.