Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trying to get value for Vasilevsky

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Trying to get value for Vasilevsky

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybeaty View Post
    I am confused - anyone who gets Vasi in a trade gets to keep him and use him for the rest of this season - there is no gun pointed at my head. They would give me value because, like lucafen, they expect TB to rebound and live up to their potential. If they expect that, then they would "pay" more than his current value since he has so much potential. Very similar to what others might do for Kucherov or Stamkos or Tavares or Wheeler or any other player who is underperforming.

So are you saying that a straight up trade for Rask would be good value for me since Vasi is having a crappy year.
    Vas is the poster boy of a buy low candidate in a one year pool.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybeaty View Post
    I am confused - anyone who gets Vasi in a trade gets to keep him and use him for the rest of this season - there is no gun pointed at my head. They would give me value because, like lucafen, they expect TB to rebound and live up to their potential. If they expect that, then they would "pay" more than his current value since he has so much potential. Very similar to what others might do for Kucherov or Stamkos or Tavares or Wheeler or any other player who is underperforming.

So are you saying that a straight up trade for Rask would be good value for me since Vasi is having a crappy year.
    Rask for multiple years > Vasi for a half season in my books, easy. I think you'll have to add to get Rask.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Vas is the poster boy of a buy low candidate in a one year pool.
    I agree with you there. However I don't think I am selling him low by getting the starting goalie on another top NHL team that I can keep for multiple years. If TB rebounds and Vasil rebounds personally, then I am definitely giving up something this year (but still gaining next year and the year after), but if he doesn't rebound, then I win this year, next year and the year after.

I am not as bullish as you on Vasil playing lights out this year. I think TB makes the playoffs easily this year when all is said and done, but I think Vasil ends the season at best with average numbers.

I am hoping that you are wrong with your estimate of Vasil rebounding this year and being my best chance to win the league. The guy who is getting him is currently in 8th spot and out of the playoffs so I may not need to face Vasil at all.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah I agree with you here. I think I found the perfect manager since he doesn't like keeping goalies (1 of 2 managers) and he has two top 5. If he was going to keep one, he would definitely have to drop the other so Rask for 2 more years isn't as valuable to him as it is to others.

He did accept my offer straight up - Rask for Vasil.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    cant you trade him after the season? before start of the next? before you need to drop him?

if you cant, trade him at Trade Deadline, im sure you will get more for him at that point
    If I wait to the end of the season, then he will have 0 value since he has to be dropped before the start of the next season so he can be drafted. Very similar to the Manny Machado situation in Baltimore.

From the start of this season, I have needed to "find" a 3rd keeper. My team is good, but it really only has 2 keepers, Panarin and OV since I have to drop Vas and Kuch. The goalie who I thought was an ideal replacement was Rask - he can be kept twice (since he was drafted this year) and he is playing for a top 3 NHL team. I was happy to keep Vas for the season as long as he was playing well and helping my team since I think I have a good chance to win it all this year. However, he has been my worst goalie and hurting my team from the start. I have waited for more than 1/3 of the season and I see nothing to indicate he will turn it around. I think TB will, but that just means scoring more goals. It doesn't mean that they let fewer in.

I have thought about waiting longer, but the longer I wait the more Vas becomes just another goalie. Maybe the Rask owner would have accepted a straight up trade for Vas/Rask a month or two or three from now. Maybe he wouldn't. I am comfortable with this trade since it maximizes Vas' value for next 2 years (since I can keep Rask) and it solves my "worst" goalie problem for this year.

If Vas turns it around completely this year, then it was a bad trade for this year, but a good one for the next two. If he doesn't then it was a good trade for 3 years. Either way I win on this trade. If it ends up costing me the championship this year, then so be it.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Jedi

1st place team worried more about next year than winning this year.

Just wait...
    final 30 games of the season Rask 15-18 starts.... maybe 1 of 3 in final week of season

vs. Vasil 25ish.

Boston rested Rask last year. They'll do it again, he's not 28 anymore.

My point was never about getting return value.

It was about WINNING -> this year.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Vasil just had great game!

next time i suggest you dont even ask question as you were set on trading him no matter what...why bother?
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Vasil just had great game!

next time i suggest you dont even ask question as you were set on trading him no matter what...why bother?

Not even close to the truth. I had no offers when I posted. I was offered Rask straight up for Vas - I decided to take it - you disagreed. Not sure why your feelings are hurt.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    1st place team worried more about next year than winning this year.

Just wait...
    final 30 games of the season Rask 15-18 starts.... maybe 1 of 3 in final week of season

vs. Vasil 25ish.

Boston rested Rask last year. They'll do it again, he's not 28 anymore.

My point was never about getting return value.

It was about WINNING -> this year.
    That's just not true. It was definitely a consideration of accepting the trade. As I have said, I am not as bullish as you are regarding Vas. I believe TB will make the playoffs this year, but I also believe Vas will not be the reason for it. In my pool, he has been among the worst goalies in the league so far this year. I just don't see that changing to the point where he becomes the best.

He will probably get more starts down the stretch that Rask, but bad starts aren't going to win me a championship either. The only stat a bad start helps with is saves. It cripples me with GAA and SV%. In cases where I have a choice of 3 starters, I have been sitting Vas.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko