Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trying to get value for Vasilevsky

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Trying to get value for Vasilevsky

Hello all,

Not only has Vas been terrible this year, but I have to drop him at the end of the season because he has been kept the maximum number of times already. There is one owner in our league who has Rask and Binnington. He can't keep both of them (league rules say only 1 goalie keeper) so I want to make a play for one of them with Vas as the main ingredient from my side. I would prefer Rask because he can be kept 2 times where Binnington can only be kept 1 more time, but would take either. I would be looking to do an n-n trade where he gives up his weakest player and I plan to drop him as part of the trade (that is probably Athanasiou). His team is as follows:

M. Zibanejad NYR - C
    A. Henrique Anh - C
    S. Monahan Cgy - C
    V. Olofsson Buf - LW,RW
    T. Bertuzzi Det - LW,RW
    N. Schmaltz Ari - C,LW,RW
    A. Athanasiou Det - C,LW,RW
    P. Buchnevich NYR - RW
    T. Konecny Phi - RW
    J. Carlson Was - D
    M. Giordano Cgy - D
    Q. Hughes Van - D
    H. Lindholm Anh - D
    B. Wheeler Wpg - C,RW
    A. Barkov Fla - C
    S. Aho Car - C
    T. Teravainen Car - LW,RW

J. Allen StL - G
    T. Rask Bos - G
    J. Binnington StL - G

I know he is willing to give up Wheeler and that might be my play. So it might be 3-3 with Wheeler, Rask/Binnington and Athanasiou. This allows him to get rid of 2 skaters who are underperforming and gives me a chance to get a guy in Wheeler who has a chance to get back to his old stuff in the second half.

The question is who do I offer from my side without killing my team? I am currently in first and think I have a chance to win it all, but Vas is killing me. His 5 goal performance last week meant I lost both GAA and SV% for the week. This meant I lost the week instead of winning it. He has done this to me a few times already this season.

I would love to get rid of Vas and Hart + one skater so I can stream goalies for the season. There are a number of goalies with very good stats on the WW.

I would also be open to Binnington/Rask + Allen + Wheeler for Vas + Hart + skater where I would drop Allen and stream goalies who happen to be starting for the day.

Thoughts?
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Trying to get value for Vasilevsky

If he’ll give you Binnington or Rask, I’d do this trade almost (??) however he wants, meaning 1-for-1, or 2 or 3 players. An extra year of quality GK is the key - and yeah, Vasilevskiy has hurt my teams, too !
    But WHY do you need to trade an equal number of assets? He can do better on waiver wire than your Palmieri or DeAngelo (one of those two is who I’d offer, but I can see the other guy asking for more).
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    If he’ll give you Binnington or Rask, I’d do this trade almost (??) however he wants, meaning 1-for-1, or 2 or 3 players. An extra year of quality GK is the key - and yeah, Vasilevskiy has hurt my teams, too !
    But WHY do you need to trade an equal number of assets? He can do better on waiver wire than your Palmieri or DeAngelo (one of those two is who I’d offer, but I can see the other guy asking for more).
    Palmieri is the 36th best player in my league right now. His PIMS and his PPG help his ranking, but right now he is a very good player on my team. The worst players on my team right now in order are:

Vas - 177th in the league
    Benn - 176th in the league
    E. Karlsson - 138th in the league.

These were some of my top picks too.

I don't need to trade an equal number of assets - I just like to so both managers can compare apples to apples. Our rosters are limited so if we trade an uneven number, then someone is going to have to drop a player. Trading even numbers ensures no drops are required.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Jedi

I guess it depends on where you are in the standings.
    If you're in the running.

I keep Vasil and enjoy the monster 2nd half that's coming.
    Not to mention as of right now TB has played the fewest games of any team in the NHL.. some extra starts coming his way.

Rather than pigeon hole yourself to Rask/Binnington.
    I'd put Vasil on the market... see who offers what.
    He's too good not to open up to the whole league.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If you're in the running.

I keep Vasil and enjoy the monster 2nd half that's coming.
    Not to mention as of right now TB has played the fewest games of any team in the NHL.. some extra starts coming his way.

Rather than pigeon hole yourself to Rask/Binnington.
    I'd put Vasil on the market... see who offers what.
    I am currently in first, but have lost the last 3 matchups. I had a huge lead on the league - now not so much. Lost goalie stats last 3 weeks because of bad Vas starts. Lost 6-5, 6-5 and 6-4. These are the teams I am likely to meet in the playoffs. I am much more skeptical that Vas will pick it up over the last 1/2 -2/3 of the season. TB just isn't playing up to their standard. Except for Hedman, everyone is way below where they should be.

Right now Rask and Binnington are top 5 goalies in my league (with Kuemper, Bishop and Hellebuyck). Vas isn't even top 25. Not sure why I wouldn't trade him straight up for either goalie.

He's too good not to open up to the whole league.
    Already did a few weeks ago - got 0 interest.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybeaty View Post
    I am currently in first, but have lost the last 3 matchups. I had a huge lead on the league - now not so much. Lost goalie stats last 3 weeks because of bad Vas starts. Lost 6-5, 6-5 and 6-4. These are the teams I am likely to meet in the playoffs. I am much more skeptical that Vas will pick it up over the last 1/2 -2/3 of the season. TB just isn't playing up to their standard. Except for Hedman, everyone is way below where they should be.

Right now Rask and Binnington are top 5 goalies in my league (with Kuemper, Bishop and Hellebuyck). Vas isn't even top 25. Not sure why I wouldn't trade him straight up for either goalie.

Already did a few weeks ago - got 0 interest.
    0 interest for Vasil? im assuming league is not very trade active then...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    0 interest for Vasil? im assuming league is not very trade active then...
    Right. Not sure why that is, but have reached out to lots of managers and posted on the league page that Vasil is available. I have sent out feeler offers too, but got very little back.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Jedi

Trading a cold Vasilevsky will be a huge mistake.
    Look no further than Rask to start last year when people thought Halak was stealing his starting job.
    Or Holtby this year who went through a period of crapping the bed and Samsonov's time being now.
    Lundqvist throughout his career had a 1-2mth period where his svpct would run in the .880's
    Luongo was Mr. Anti-Oct & even tweeted about his own inability to stop a puck in that month.
    The best have all struggled at some point.
    Trading a top 5G from a top 5 team (TB is a top 5 team - regardless of where they are in the current standings) -- will be a monumental mistake come February & March.

It's better he costs you matchups now than March.
    Tampa will go on a run. It will really suck if you're on the wrong side of that run.

You're suffering from shortsightedness on Vasil.
    Pretend he's on someone else's team and they're asking you for advise. The play is to hold.

just bench him for a few games. Can't hurt you there. He WILL hurt you a lot more on someone else's team in the playoffs though.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Trading a cold Vasilevsky will be a huge mistake.
    Look no further than Rask to start last year when people thought Halak was stealing his starting job.
    Or Holtby this year who went through a period of crapping the bed and Samsonov's time being now.
    Lundqvist throughout his career had a 1-2mth period where his svpct would run in the .880's
    Luongo was Mr. Anti-Oct & even tweeted about his own inability to stop a puck in that month.
    The best have all struggled at some point.
    Trading a top 5G from a top 5 team (TB is a top 5 team - regardless of where they are in the current standings) -- will be a monumental mistake come February & March.

It's better he costs you matchups now than March.
    Tampa will go on a run. It will really suck if you're on the wrong side of that run.

You're suffering from shortsightedness on Vasil.
    Pretend he's on someone else's team and they're asking you for advise. The play is to hold.

just bench him for a few games. Can't hurt you there. He WILL hurt you a lot more on someone else's team in the playoffs though.
    I am not giving him away - I am trying to get top dollar for him. Is what you say still true if I get back Rask or another top 5 goalie?

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Jedi

I am not giving him away - I am trying to get top dollar for him. Is what you say still true if I get back Rask or another top 5 goalie?
    It would not surprise me one bit if TB was the best team in the 2nd half of the season by a fair margin.
    If the GM you are trading him to can keep him beyond this season - I'm going to need a really solid ++ to move him.

I'd rather win and lose him for nothing than give my potential opponent Vasil.

Dobber Sports Initiate

It would not surprise me one bit if TB was the best team in the 2nd half of the season by a fair margin.
    If the GM you are trading him to can keep him beyond this season - I'm going to need a really solid ++ to move him.

I'd rather win and lose him for nothing than give my potential opponent Vasil.
    No that is one of the reasons I am looking to trade him. He has to be dropped at the end of the year regardless of who owns him by then because he has been kept twice already.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are the best team in the 2nd half, but equally well it wouldn't surprise me if Vas trudges along at this pace either. In my experience goalies are far less likely (as compared to other players) to turn around bad seasons 30 games into it. Rask was just drafted this year which means he can be kept for this season + the next 2. This is quite valuable in our league (and is what I would consider the ++) since almost everyone keeps a goalie and we are limited to only 1 goalie keeper.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Wizard

cant you trade him after the season? before start of the next? before you need to drop him?

if you cant, trade him at Trade Deadline, im sure you will get more for him at that point
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Jedi

No that is one of the reasons I am looking to trade him. He has to be dropped at the end of the year regardless of who owns him by then because he has been kept twice already.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are the best team in the 2nd half, but equally well it wouldn't surprise me if Vas trudges along at this pace either. In my experience goalies are far less likely (as compared to other players) to turn around bad seasons 30 games into it. Rask was just drafted this year which means he can be kept for this season + the next 2. This is quite valuable in our league (and is what I would consider the ++) since almost everyone keeps a goalie and we are limited to only 1 goalie keeper.
    Keeping Vasil is the best chance you have of winning this season.
    Worrying about next season too much can cost you this one.
    Rask will be rested and saved for the playoffs - see last year - especially down the stretch. Bos is building a cushion which will afford them to do that. it'll make him less useful to you come playoffs.

TB doesn't have the same level back up as Bos or Wsh - they will need to rely on him more as they jockey for seeding.
    Wouldn't surprise me to see Vasil start 25 of TB's final 30gp
    And Rask only start 15-20 of Bos's final 30gp.

Regardless of keeper implications.... If you want to win this season - Vasil is the G you want.

The Great One

I'm not exactly sure how you expect to "get value" for Vasi when he's having a crappy year and is an auto-drop for any GM trading for him? Why would another GM give you value when there is a gun pointed at your head?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how you expect to "get value" for Vasi when he's having a crappy year and is an auto-drop for any GM trading for him? Why would another GM give you value when there is a gun pointed at your head?
    I am confused - anyone who gets Vasi in a trade gets to keep him and use him for the rest of this season - there is no gun pointed at my head. They would give me value because, like lucafen, they expect TB to rebound and live up to their potential. If they expect that, then they would "pay" more than his current value since he has so much potential. Very similar to what others might do for Kucherov or Stamkos or Tavares or Wheeler or any other player who is underperforming.

So are you saying that a straight up trade for Rask would be good value for me since Vasi is having a crappy year.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko